Post a picture you took today

You guys must ise a lot more salt than we do. How much snow y'all get over the winter? We just had a cold snap, that barely snowed where I am. it was 67 degrees outside today, it's probably going to be over 70 tomorrow. Which sux, because all the snakes will be out looking for mice.

You guys must ise a lot more salt than we do. How much snow y'all get over the winter? We just had a cold snap, that barely snowed where I am. it was 67 degrees outside today, it's probably going to be over 70 tomorrow. Which sux, because all the snakes will be out looking for mice.

That’s the difference between real winter in the northeast/Midwest and southern/southwestern winters, the temperatures don’t bounce back after a snow storm. Here the snow stays there until spring sometimes unless there’s a decent stretch of above freezing days to thin it out a bit. In between there are snow showers, the thawing snow that creates ice etc that salt is there to mitigate.

I had a room like that! I took glow in the darkpaint, and threw speckles all over. It looked like stars, with the lights out. :) United Nuclear has some really good glow in the dark paint of various colors. It's europium based, and is much brighter than the old stuff.

My wife wants to paint a galaxy or something celestial on the ceiling. The black is the reason for that. I keep telling her to just get a huge vinyl sticker and some glow in the dark stars, like you guys said.

The corners of the ceiling just need a second coat of paint and it's ready to have my son's bedroom furniture put back in. The closest still needs to be built out, but that should only take a couple of hours to do,

PXL_20240203_091152438.jpg

PXL_20240203_091206334.jpg

You could do what I thought about after I'd already done my room; get an overhead projector, and put the constellations in, and a few planets. Learning the sky has been valuable over the years. I can navigate outside at night, know immediately what latitude I'm at, the compass directions, and a rough Idea of the time. I grew up with a buddy that could get lost in a library, lol. It made me value trailcraft.

My wife wants to paint a galaxy or something celestial on the ceiling. The black is the reason for that. I keep telling her to just get a huge vinyl sticker and some glow in the dark stars, like you guys said.

The corners of the ceiling just need a second coat of paint and it's ready to have my son's bedroom furniture put back in. The closest still needs to be built out, but that should only take a couple of hours to do,

View attachment 3758

View attachment 3759

I would recommend VantaBlack paint as a background to your star field but that stuff is crazy expensive and not available to the public.

You could do what I thought about after I'd already done my room; get an overhead projector, and put the constellations in, and a few planets. Learning the sky has been valuable over the years. I can navigate outside at night, know immediately what latitude I'm at, the compass directions, and a rough Idea of the time. I grew up with a buddy that could get lost in a library, lol. It made me value trailcraft.
If you use a program, In 1982, all nine of the planets were on the same side of the Sun, scattered over some 90 degrees. According to Star Walk, the next full alignment will occur on May 19, 2161
If you print the sky from that date in a laser printer transparency, and project it on the ceiling,painting it in gets you everything. :)

I would recommend VantaBlack paint as a background to your star field but that stuff is crazy expensive and not available to the public.

How would one procure something not available to the public? 🤔

Have a connection to/with someone who can get it and/or lots and lots of money. There's very little in the world that can't be bought for the right price.

For example, my car is for sale for $40,000.

Last edited:
You're being followed! :thumbsup:

Joe

I haven't seen a tbird that color, there was another red cougar when I worked at siemens, but I never found out who it was.

Was a clean pre-facelift Bird too. No rust and no dull spots in the paint.

There's probably a ton of these cars in west knoxville garages.
That's the e4 red, I think. That's what the red Cougar is. Who sells good paint?

Here's a similar paint that uses a pigment + polymer vs carbon nanotubes.
Ver 4.0 is 99.9% absorbant

Black 4.0 + HyperShift. Defnitely like cartoon car in real life

There's probably a ton of these cars in west knoxville garages.
That's the e4 red, I think. That's what the red Cougar is. Who sells good paint?

Bright red is really really really common on SCs, LXs and regular Cougars not so much, they only started offering more burgundy shades of reds like electric and laser after 91ish with the odd exception of 93s Crimson(red to blue chameleon) and 96s E4 bright red

IMG_20240208_195803354.jpg
Front end started knocking on the dodge. Found the idler arm was about to fall out. New one installed along with a steering box brace. No more knocking and much more direct steering. Wheel has a little bit more resistance then before, but we will see how it does over time.

20240208_141712.jpg

20240209_133326.jpg

Still working at the college campus ( applied science building) .. most of my interior work is done and I've moved up to the Rooftop ( after a few rainy weather delays )

Crane dropped all of my equipment on the roof yesterday - now I need to put this all together and make it all work. 🤔

A keen eye might be able to pick out a couple irregularities ( work in progress ).