Post a picture you took today

The Explorer STs and MKZs do have the same motor.There was one of those running that night as well, it was running 14.4s. Not bad for a heavy suv and all stock. My last run I got to race Cierra Scott, she has a modified and sponsored Edge ST, I got her on a holeshot, she ran a 13.37, I had a 13.49 but beat her on the tree.
I can't believe my older sis's explorer will blow Lazarus away. The last time I rode with her, we took my cat to knoxville to a vet,and he was not happy about her driving. :) For therecord, he doesn't like my driving either. Kaatu can recognizably talk, to an extent; he can say : Out, NO,Hey, food, Ball, which they can't do the b part. When bored, he will throw a tennis ball against the back door. :) As we hit a rough patch on the interstate, the explorer rocked, and she about shit when he said "Hey!!" She thought it was me, lol. That's what I say, when he's doing something annoying. :)

Rod, I have a bunch of these, that date back over50 years, and at least 3 houses. My neighbor bought some differen't colors, and mine on that side of the property all turned white.

Last edited:
Rod, I have a bunck of these, that date back over50 years, and at least 3 houses. My neighbor bought some differen't colors, and mine on that side of the property all turned white.
There are a lot of different iris subgenus, mostly from the Old World. That one is a native Southern Blue Flag (Iris virginica).

Here's another native, Dwarf Crested Iris (Iris cristata).

280372708_10100761660394473_7291263522293357371_n.jpg

The photos/vids from our pro photographers at the 2024 Mexican 1000 came in today so here's one of my favorite clips. After my friend flipped the UTV (you can find the link in my Racing post), our suspension was completely not setup (too soft, rear ride height probably 4-6" too low) as we were scrambling just to claim a start time. Despite this, I gave this safari 911 a good fight (trading positions) until we hit a line of whoops and was able to leave them in the dust (we finished the entire race an hour or so ahead of them). I'd still trade pinks in a heartbeat though.

That's sick! That could be an opening for a movie

Awesome! I've never seen those, and I did a huge business in the 60's and 70's selling seeds to the local Little old Ladies, around Oak Ridge. They would go on about how it used to be just Red clay mud everywhere, when the city was founded during the Manhattan Project. I had some wonderful neighbors.

That's sick! That could be an opening for a movie
Dust 2 Glory, a documentary by the guy who filmed Step into Liquid, is what got me interested in racing baja 20 years ago and when I found out about a less violent, more fun, but still competitive racing body (NORRA vs Baja), it became a bucket list item. Example: because vehicles are launched in 30sec to 2 min intervals, if a vehicle catches up with another one the vehicle in back is almost always the faster vehicle. As a comparison: Baja 1000 specifically allows for bumping a car ahead of you to signal your intent to pass whereas in the Mexican 1000, you use the satellite based Stella to signal a pass (which lights up the competitors Stella display). Not everyone adheres but the data is available and teams can be penalized for not moving off the line and holding up "traffic."

It's not cheap (more expensive than lemons), but if you focus on specific classes, it can still be done affordably for folks who still get most of their money from W2s (vs investments or owning businesses). I'd say that Lemons taught me skills on how to not push our cars to the limit at every corner, "only drive what you can see", and how to repair a bunch of different subsystems despite not being a professional mechanic.

I'm glad to be fortunate to have done this twice now; time commitments mean I probably won't race next year but I figure i'll do it again in a couple of years.

PS. My friend and co-owner of Myopic Motorsports has gotten deep into FPV drone racing. Brett just compiled a video he took flying around our UTV and some other competitors.

IMG_20240515_182343581.jpg

From the rooftop pool at our hotel in Puerto Rico. Here for a quick trip for wife's work. Interesting place so far.

Overdue maintenance on the '00 GP today. Got new plugs/wires/PCV valve/valve cover gaskets/grommets and and oil change. Then got a scrub and wash under the hood to get all the oil out that it's been throwing around for a while. The old plugs still read good for their age. Last change was at 413K and I'm currently at 517K. Rockers looked good too.

GP plugs.jpg

GP rockers.jpg

Nice. Haven't been to Indy in years. Had tickets to North Wilkesboro again but couldn't go. Still recovering here.

I worked on a ups that had trays of 12v batteries, 480V to the several trays combined. When they kicked on, it sounded like a freight train. That room had it's own special cooling. It was kinda surreal. I understand that since, they have doubled that entire plant. It has power lines to 3 diferent power collectives.

Nice. Haven't been to Indy in years. Had tickets to North Wilkesboro again but couldn't go. Still recovering here.
Cool! North Wilkesboro is my old hometown. Hope your recovery goes well.

Indy was amazing. My coworker and I got in for free because they were doing a military appreciation weekend. We also got to park in the infield. They had a lot of military hardware on display including a massive Sea Stallion and a pair of 155mm Howitzers.

IMG_9313.jpegIMG_9322.jpeg

I wouldn't believe that, mainly because of the simple fact of the surface area of the filter matter.

With the large 4 or 5-inch deep filters, there's a much larger surface area for the air being pulled through it to distribute itself over. As a result, not only is its capacity for holding filtered particles before becoming saturated much higher, but the air velocity/pressure on the filter material is much lower (which allows it to hold on to those contaminants better).

If you just stack filters (or make the filter thicker), the surface area is the same - a higher pressure differential per square inch of filter - but it's also now much thicker, and much harder to pull the air through.

Stacking multiple filters wouldn't be a good idea as you'd be creating a greater obstruction in the air path of your system, crippling the efficiency of the heat exchangers, causing the fan to work harder, and who knows what else.

At any rate, my HVAC uses a weird filter size and I have been getting replacements from filterbuy since I can't find it anywhere else. Looks like the 16x25x5 MERV 11 goes for about $30/ea. as long as you don't buy one at at time.

Yeah, the TCCoA price is the best I've seen anywhere for a 2-pack of 16x25x5" MERV 11 filters right now. I just got a new HVAC system installed and wanted to keep tabs on furnace filters, but the 5" filter is good for a year versus the three-month change interval typical of 1" filters.

I need to put a new one on my truck as the Velcro is losing is grip. It's 9 years old, so it's done well, but I hate spending money on the truck when I've got lots to do on the car first.

Can you believe they actually air drop those howitzers? I had a buddy in the 153 artillery. Airborne artillery. He spent a bunch of the first gulf war sitting near Bagdad, waiting for orders to pound the hell out of it. They sat in foxholes, and watched the Tomahawks fly, lol. I'd have died the first time I woke up covered with camel spiders. :)

That's just the mn12 thunderbird row. After the tent are supercoupes, before are supposed to be non sc models but it's just kind of a mix. My tbird is broke at the moment so my daily is several rows over with the fusions.