Post a picture you took today

Thought of you as soon as I saw it...paint is about perfect too.

I'm jealous to say the least. What interior is it?

Grey interiors seem to be the most common scheme with that paint. They only could be had with that or blue.

I don’t think those are factory covers, the only year you could get rare the white seats were 93 and 94, and the 94 ones have color matched piping, embroidered logos and a check pattern to the fabric(similar to the base 94 SC seats). I’ve seen 96-97s with white seats but they seem to always be part of a dealer conversion like the landau tops.

This is how mine looked

23386510002_large.jpeg

I don’t think those are factory covers, the only year you could get rare the white seats were 93 and 94, and the 94 ones have color matched piping, embroidered logos and a check pattern to the fabric(similar to the base 94 SC seats). I’ve seen 96-97s with white seats but they seem to always be part of a dealer conversion like the landau tops.

This is how mine looked

View attachment 5796
I can't argue with you on that. I have seen one other car like that some time ago. Might still have a picture somewhere. If nothing else I do like the styling. The rears where dirty but OK. The fronts are rough. Not as awful as we've all seen, but not great.

Screenshot_20240602-182157.png
I was looking at the "donk" cuz my dad had a 75 Impala when I was a little kid, then I saw something lurking in the background. Anyone know this Cougar?

I hate the wheels and side exit exhaust on the impala, but damn it's clean. My dad's was black/black/black with cragars.

View attachment 5801
I was looking at the "donk" cuz my dad had a 75 Impala when I was a little kid, then I saw something lurking in the background. Anyone know this Cougar?

I hate the wheels and side exit exhaust on the impala, but damn it's clean. My dad's was black/black/black with cragars.

I long assumed that gen B body is the reason the term land barge was concocted!

The irony with that is I was always under the assumption people dump the turbos out the front because there’s not enough room underneath the car to route a real exhaust… Well????

No idea on the Cougar, looks like a 89-90 LS based on the silvery taillight trim and bumper though if that helps narrow down the possibilities

The boy and I took our Thunderbird downtown to a cars and coffee meet. Apparently I only took one photo without him in it.

B84117E9-5736-4F08-A9FB-F3885906918E.jpeg

Also discovered that both rear seatbelt retractors are gummed up and won't retract. We live downtown so I let him ride the hump with the lap belt fastened.

E89311CD-DB0A-4D90-B647-4B8305328757.jpeg

both rear seatbelt retractors are gummed up and won't retract.

Pulling them all the way out and washing them should help.

Someone on here once posted that you could take the entire belt out of the retractor, which would make washing even easier. Does anyone know how to do that? I looked at the retractor, but taking it apart would seem to release all tension from the spring (?).

Pulling them all the way out and washing them should help.

Someone on here once posted that you could take the entire belt out of the retractor, which would make washing even easier. Does anyone know how to do that? I looked at the retractor, but taking it apart would seem to release all tension from the spring (?).

I’ve done it quite a bit, I can make a video on it if I can find a belt assembly. Essentially you need to pry up on the spring “box” keeping a firm hold on it so it doesn’t explode on you and slowly turning it 7-8 revolutions to take the tension out, where you can then remove it and access the retaining pin for the belt. Reverse for reassembly. I usually add an extra turn or two to compensate for lost spring tension through the years as well

Last edited:
I'd love that!

Other option given your junkyard proclivity is to grab a passenger side retractor and salvage the spring/box from it to use on the driver side. Passenger seats are usually less used so the spring still has some strength to it, it swaps right onto the driver side

And be careful, if the spring flies out of the casing it’s a literal pain to get back in right. Painful when it rapidly unspools if you’re nearby it too🤕

Last edited:
@Chandar8
I love that paint job! Was that a factory thing at some point? I saw a similar look in the junkyard recently; unfortunately I didn't get a good picture. IIRC, it also had a thin accent stripe between the two colors, though I can't tell from this pic.

View attachment 5805
Totally custom, Aston Martin Quantum silver up top, BMW Black on bottom, and Ferrari red for the stripes. Need to get my nice brake upgrade in, they're the same Ferrari red

I saw one I saw one! After so many misidentified tents, dumpsters and awnings there it is!

There's one in my neighborhood (very surprised he parks it out on the street), I wasn't prepared for seeing waves in the steel panels, I assumed those things were totally smooth/flat. Much uglier in person, hahaahaha.

I like the concept. I don't like the execution.

It's my opinion that if — and that's a big IF — automakers really want EV's to ever take off, they are going to have to shed this stupid idea that they all have to look like a Jetson's spaceship. If I had to buy an EV today, it would be a F150 Lightning for the sole reason that it looks like a normal vehicle.

I saw one parked in front of a store. He painted it full black. When he was driving away, it looked like an F-117 cruisin through the parking lot

I saw one parked in front of a store. He painted it full black. When he was driving away, it looked like an F-117 cruisin through the parking lot
C8CBC21A-DDF7-4FCE-88A0-3EAADA6E5938.jpeg

About half of the ones I've seen lately have been wrapped in vinyl of some shade.

A few recent pics I've taken in the last week or two -

Fleet Week in San Pedro ( https://lafleetweek.com/ ). First time that an aircraft carrier had been a part of Fleet Week in L.A. in 13 years, apparently.

20240525_132017.jpg

Notice anything odd about that pic? It's not the Carl Vinson, it's the Iowa! I got screwed out of getting on the carrier on Saturday (showed up too late in the morning to get in the way underestimated endless line), had to "settle" for the battleship, haahaha. No big deal, she was always part of the plan, I just reversed my schedule.

20240525_152341.jpg

I was naive enough to think that I could have possibly done both ships in one day, nuh-uh. So day 1 was spent going all up and down the Iowa, got loads of pics. But that meant waking up even earlier to try again. No way I was going to get screwed twice.

Take 2, Sunday -

20240526_123026.jpg

That thing is huge.

20240526_121015.jpg

Since it's an active ship they didn't let us see much. We got to go through the emptied hanger, see the area that holds the giant anchor chains, got to go on the deck (there was an F/A-18, an F-35C, a Seahawk and a Hawkeye on the flight deck) and then back down through a few passageways. Still, to actually be on that ship, wow.

Then there was the rest of show -

20240525_181356.jpg

Because I spent so long on the battleship on Saturday, by the time I got back on the ground, most of the crowd was gone so I got some cool pics of an M1, some choppers and other gear.

Day 2 was more crowded because I got back to the main area earlier than the day before.

20240526_135939.jpg

20240526_143502.jpg

Ultimately, well worth it even with having to go there two days instead of one. I heard from someone who has gone to a few of these that no way was it usually as crowded as this time, obviously a nuclear aircraft carrier upped the attraction. I'll do it again next time, I suppose there will "only" be a guided missile cruiser or something less popular and I can do everything in one day.