No mistakes, just happy accidents

Booster or master? I assure you it’s no myth. However the better way to do is is using the standard 89-92 Thunderbird booster and 4 port master cylinder and simply blocking off the fourth port with a bleeder. If you can get the lines off the stock ABS master without destroying them it’s literally plug and play with some minor rebending. That’s how I’ve done it
It's that master 4 wheel disc specific? I'm assuming most without ABS had rear drums, but I could be wrong (mine was drum even with 5.0)

Booster or master? I assure you it’s no myth. However the better way to do is is using the standard 89-92 Thunderbird booster and 4 port master cylinder and simply blocking off the fourth port with a bleeder. If you can get the lines off the stock ABS master without destroying them it’s literally plug and play with some minor rebending. That’s how I’ve done it
Booster. I'm running a 4 port master now, a long with a booster from a 94 cougar. But it's three studs instead of one, so it's sitting kinda sideways. And the master must have been for drums because it has check valves on one side.

What you need is the booster for an 89-92 tbird and the master for a crown Vic, I forget the exact year but I’m thinking it’s 92-94. This is the setup in my XR7 if you want to see/feel it before swapping it out. You will also need a cheap 1/4” drive 7mm shallow socket as a spacer between the booster and the master.

If you go to rockauto look under any 89-92 Tbird for master cylinders “without proportioning valves” and that’s the one to get. The crown Vic one you need an obscure prorortiobibg valve for the conversion IIRC but that one is plug and play other than slightly rebending the lines.

The booster always should have been 89-92, the firewall changed in 93 to accommodate the 93-97 one which is quite a bit different

Was just on RA. I don't see how running an 89-92 Birds booster makes sense. It's still the three stud, offset layout that I'm running with my 94 booster. The booster for the 92 CV has 4 studs, like the TEVES ABS unit. Screenshot_20241016-224406.pngScreenshot_20241016-224332.png

There’s no scenario you should be running a crown Vic booster, only the CV master is what was/is a method to the conversion. But the 89-92 vs 93-97 MN12 booster is substantially different, are you certain what you have is actually a 93-97?

There’s no scenario you should be running a crown Vic booster, only the CV master is what was/is a method to the conversion. But the 89-92 vs 93-97 MN12 booster is substantially different, are you certain what you have is actually a 93-97?
100%. Pulled it from a 94 Cougar. Same car my cluster came from. It was red on red

It looks identical to what I showed in my screen shots. Three studs, one off-center. I had to rotate my booster, drill an extra hole, and use a huge washer to sandwich the pedal to the firewall using the third stud.

The bolt pattern is different on the 89-92 booster and pedal vs the 93-97 one. The firewall and brake pedal cage were the same regardless of whether it had ABS or not. Nobody uses the crown Vic booster, and even if you modified the firewall for it to fit, it won’t clear the shock tower. As I said, 89-92 non-ABS booster, crown Vic master, 7mm socket between them, done.

The bolt pattern is different on the 89-92 booster and pedal vs the 93-97 one. The firewall and brake pedal cage were the same regardless of whether it had ABS or not. Nobody uses the crown Vic booster, and even if you modified the firewall for it to fit, it won’t clear the shock tower. As I said, 89-92 non-ABS booster, crown Vic master, 7mm socket between them, done.
If you can find me the one I'm supposed to use than I will buy it. But everything I am finding is the exact same to what I'm running, which I know for a fact is a 1994.

I put a 97 booster in the white 89 SC. Which was also a 3 bolt but the lever sat lower.

I’m telling you it’s not. Just because they both have 3 studs doesn’t mean they are the same. The pattern is different. Look at the part numbers, they will be different for an 89 than for a 94.

If the 89-92s were three stud than I will buy one. Doesn't make sense to me how a 3 bolt is a direct swap for a 4 bolt but I'll take y'all's word.

Why the Vic master then, when I can use a 92 5.0 master?

89-92 non-and was a diagonal split system instead of a front/rear split system, so you would have to run all new lines to the rear brakes to use that master. The crown Vic master bolts up to the tbird booster, but is meant for a front/rear split system so you can reuse your existing lines. The 3/4 hole thing is your brake pedal and firewall actually has 5 holes. 2 are shared between both ABS and non-ABS, and then the 3rd stud on the non-ABS booster is out a little further.