Post a picture you took today

=^]

Never seen anything like that. Theres plenty of Amanitas around that are uncomfortable enough to look at, but that was next level spook. I thought they were abandoned conduits from a block away

I can't positively identify them. I'd ask someone local; if they were nearby, just so you know the threat level to pets and kids.

628cd2d518f66ce76943877bf2818fc2b8afe0b7.gif

Stumbled across this the other day

Thought it looked familiar, and sure enough it's one in the same as the one in a book I got as a kid called muscle car chronicle, published in 2001, even still has the same tires in the rear as the glamour shot

IMG_4669.jpeg

I even have a diecast model of it my dad got me around that time!

IMG_4670.jpeg

Kinda funny how that post and display is treating it like a ratty barn find when in reality it's clearly an old restoration that never got driven

Last edited:
We used to do that at the atl airport, back in the 80's. We almost got arrested, once, so had to stop. I'd bet since 9/11, it's a felony trespass charge.
That is so lous, you can't hear the guy screaming beside you, lol. We went to a restaurant I'm banned from, if they knew who I was, lol. A buddy and I dove off their deck one day during lunch, lol. "Have you seen two guys with parachutes? No Officer. :rofl: The chutes were stuffed in the back seat, and dude never saw them, lol.
:(

Last edited:
@Irv you know its a good shot when it looks fake

20231119_163117.jpg
Started ripping the trailer down to do some rust repair on it.

I was about to scrap it and buy a new one, but I wasnt gonna spend $5k on something when I could fix what I have for less than $300.

While I sift through all the landings I captured, I'll mention that I'm already thinking of going back to SXM probably within the next five years and staying for a three-day weekend. Often I don't do great with my first attempts to photograph at a location and I've made return trips before to right the wrong. I did the same thing with July 4th fireworks over Downtown Atlanta, and I chose one of my five best shots from the second attempt a couple years later to be a large canvas print for my family room.

I think I got a few better shots of the JetBlue A320 I posted as well as a JetBlue A321 and United 737 NG, but I'm not really thrilled with any of my photos this time. There were no heavies either.

After we left on the way back to Philipsburg, I did see a delayed Air France A350 land in the distance. We knew that flight was going to be delayed, but unfortunately, we weren't able to wait around for it.

I did, and Sunset Beach Bar next to Maho Beach also posts the airport's arrival and departure schedules on their TVs above the bar.

Damn! our kudzu is so bad it spread to the west coast! Damn kudzu....

Is that what those are called? I have such a brown thumb that I can barely grow the pothos I have. Maybe I should toss it out the window and let them have at eachother

Damn! our kudzu is so bad it spread to the west coast! Damn kudzu....
Is that what those are called? I have such a brown thumb that I can barely grow the pothos I have. Maybe I should toss it out the window and let them have at eachother

That's not kudzu. Kudzu has a broader more rounded leaf. That's English ivy.

Thank God it's not Kudzu. That stuff is a menace.

Everybody thinks they need SUVs for that sort of thing these days. A convertible and an understanding passenger gets it done lol
Shit! I was so busy snapping the picture I didn't see that there is a passenger hand sticking out!

I used to see a lot of that here, lol. The best one was the poor sod who was holding a mattress on top of his van, while his poor wife held the other side. He made it to about the end of the merge lane, maybe 50 mph. :) I'm glad a saw all that in the rearview, lol.

I was driving up to PA some years ago and saw a yota with one of those trays you put in a hitch. On it they had a large air compressor, I swear every bump it scraped. I’ll try to find that picture, it was ridiculous.