Post a picture you took today

That looks a lot like the cobra radiator I bought for the red car. You want to mount it on brackets top and bottom, that float it from the motion of the body. The mutitoyo I bought for 200, will crack, if it's subject to body flex in the front of the car. I bought some aluminum brackets I used top and bottom. They changed the design to fix it.

The bottom box of the stock radiator location flexes over 1", doing a circle left vs circle right. And the Red cougar is new and stiff. Lazarus probably flexes 2x that,lol. it needs all its spot welds redone, lol. I put a set of brackets on the bottom, to isolate it from the chassis, and rebent the top brackets, per advise from Racecougar. I think Earl cracked his mutitoyo rad, they have a lifetime warranty, But I don't want to break it, lol.
It's a beautiful raiator, full welded, 3 row. It weigs 50% of stock, lol.

Finally got around to finishing the Christmas tree and train setup. Haven't run my N&W "J" passenger set in a few years. Will be nice to hear that steamboat whistle again. The freight train is being pulled by one of my postwar Lionel's- both from '47. I just trade them out as I go to give them both some runtime. Being 76 years old they still run/pull like a champ!

tree.jpg

trains.jpg

Fordman,

My uncle David recently passed and left his 30+ year pike build behind. I remember going for visits with my dad to odd train shops with him and was always amazed at his level of detail as a child then he was impressed with my retarted car stuff. My aunt sent me some of the pictures of the setup as well as an engine, boxcar and caboose so I could memorialize him on our mantle. Some of his engines are akin to what you have posted and worth $$$.

Enjoy.

P1640586.jpeg

P1640626.jpeg

P1640597.jpeg

P1640594-Pano.jpegP1640647.jpeg

P1640598.jpegP1640611.jpeg

P1640610.jpeg
:love:

P1640601.jpeg

P1640630.jpeg

P1640636.jpeg

P1640653.jpeg

P1640654.jpeg

P1640655.jpeg

Attachments

• P1640601.jpeg
    P1640601.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 0
My grandpa was very in to model Trains. I didn't understand it for a long time, but I get it now. Trains were truly marvelous. Standing next to a moving train is mesmerizing, moreso back in the 30's Im sure. Not only that, but I quite like dioramas.

My grandpa was very in to model Trains. I didn't understand it for a long time, but I get it now. Trains were truly marvelous. Standing next to a moving train is mesmerizing, moreso back in the 30's Im sure. Not only that, but I quite like dioramas.

I never really got it either until I got older, but now I find railroad infrastructure in particular fascinating; tunnels, massive bridges, yards sidings all the various switches and crap, tracks that run in streets and stuff like that. It's a window into another era since the routes that are there now were there well over a century ago, and its all long lived compared to cars, buildings and everything else in our built environment.

The Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad has an older diesel line that runs through the national park; early fall/late summer they usually do a "steam in the valley" exhibition with one of the big '40s locomotives (NKP765 for Googlers). Seeing/riding that train in person checked off a lot of boxes on my childhood fantasy list.

NKP765 1.png

Probably all started around in the mid 90s, when I was 7-8, and my dad built a tabletop HO layout for me. It didn't last long (my younger brother destroyed it) but dang, I had fun.

05.jpg

My Dad and 2 cousins are the ones that got me into model railroads when I was a kid. Couldn't afford Lionel so Dad and I built a nice HO scale setup. Messed with it for hours on end. The table was lost at some point but I still have some of the trains. As I got older I got into O-scale and that's where I'm at now.

@ Big Scott- Man, that is a stellar layout! The attention to detail is awesome. That loco in the first pic looks like the Boston & Maine Class P-4 to me.

Glad you got a few pieces of his collection. Sadly a lot of layouts get broken up and sold for pennies once the person passes away instead of being passed down and played with.

@ theterminator93- 765 is a beautiful Berkshire. Still on my list to catch a ride someday.

Personally I caught Union Pacific 4014 when it came through STL in 2021. Since I lost my Dad late in '20 my dispatcher at work scheduled me "on a job" for that day. She knew how much that meant to me, to just be a kid again for a little bit. Dad and I took many rides behind steam engines through the years. Not sure who had more fun, lol...

Met up with 4014 at the Kirkwood station, then ran it down through Pacific, Mo. Actually got within 12 feet of it as it rolled to a stop awaiting departure orders in Pacific. Never in my life did I think I would see a Big Boy under steam in person. Just watching all of the mechaincal parts on it was like a work of moving art.

Here are 2 short vids of my setup. First one is of both running and the second is of the J. I slowed the J down a bit to catch the whistle.

How do I know if this is a 97/98 GT? It's got the 4.6 and is a 5spd.

PXL_20231210_185654595.jpg

I have a N gage train set , that I started about 1970 :) Never set it up again, after about 1975, when I discovered motorcycles and women.
CDB, thas got an x in the engine digit in the vin number, so it's a 4v engine, if it helps. It also should have the good cams, If it is a cobra. and and it will have a very obvious snake on the intake,and the fender. A 98 would be a teksid block.If the e in the sticker means the same thing, it's a non-irs locker diff.

Also came across this 97 3.8. Unfortunately, someone already took the bezels 😞

PXL_20231210_191025529.jpg

Looks like a 96 year model, the emissions label under the hood would confirm this.

Do I want the PCM from a 97/98 GT as a plug and play for the T-Bird?

You won't pass smog with a 96 PCM but if its as cheap as a the yards around here it might be worth grabbing as a backup anyway

Grab it if can Jonathan, hopefully they don't want an arm and a leg.
It would be a CA calibration most likely .. if that matters to Joe.
I thought by 97 all were CA calibration? I know this supposedly is CA, but are they actually different in California?

Thanks for looking out for me Martin!

Joe