Post a picture you took today

You're doing it right, it works for you and aren't concerned about being trendy, sticking with the known entity is the way to go. I don't know why anybody in California buys anything newer than 20 years old, here nature kind of forces you to one way or another, but without rusted bodies or rusty fasteners on maintenance items, what's the point? Let the sheep buy the crossovers with the latest tech gadget with a never ending payment cycle, none of them will be working right 20 years down the road with all the outmoded electronics and canbus bullshit anyway
The two reasons I replaced my 97 Accord with a Prius back in 2014
1) theft. after 20 years of use, the tumblers on all Hondas/Subarus are so worn you only need approx 20 skeleton keys to unlock the car. After it got stolen, the solution was to use a club. I drove around with that for 6 months but it was always a hassle.
2) fuel economy. My prius does 47MPG with the same driving style that only netted me 30MPG with the accord. In the land of $5/gas and with a longer commute at the time (100mi/day roundtrip), this added up.

When I have to replace my car again (and its probably the Audi in 2 years after I get tired of chasing evap leaks), I would seriously consider a new EV considering how expensive gas is and how cheap electricity is once you have solar. You can buy a 2022 Nissan Leaf for <$17K with less than 8k mi on the odometer now off Craigslist without even starting to negotiate. You'll still be eligible for antoher $1-4K (depending on income) PGE rebate. All the bells and whistles. My friend picked one up, same price range and mileage, but with the fancier tech package and 215mi range. It's not a fashion statement. It's transportation.

If I wanted to spend money on a bad idea, this would be my current choice.
Will probably run $100-150K

b7b68de0c7b9cd10724307daaeb82484[1].jpg

1) theft. after 20 years of use, the tumblers on all Hondas/Subarus are so worn you only need approx 20 skeleton keys to unlock the car. After it got stolen, the solution was to use a club. I drove around with that for 6 months but it was always a hassle.
2) fuel economy. My prius does 47MPG with the same driving style that only netted me 30MPG with the accord. In the land of $5/gas and with a longer commute at the time (100mi/day roundtrip), this added up.

When I have to replace my car again (and its probably the Audi in 2 years after I get tired of chasing evap leaks), I would seriously consider a new EV considering how expensive gas is and how cheap electricity is once you have solar. You can buy a 2022 Nissan Leaf for <$17K with less than 8k mi on the odometer now off Craigslist without even starting to negotiate. You'll still be eligible for antoher $1-4K (depending on income) PGE rebate. All the bells and whistles. My friend picked one up, same price range and mileage, but with the fancier tech package and 215mi range. It's not a fashion statement. It's transportation.

View attachment 2609
This reminds me; I saw a Lego BTF Delorean at Barnes n Noble right at the checkout counter. It was pretty big, and I should have snapped a picture.

This reminds me; I saw a Lego BTF Delorean at Barnes n Noble right at the checkout counter. It was pretty big, and I should have snapped a picture.

The big set goes for $150 at Target, etc .. I still have one in the box unopened.

The OG Creator mini set goes for $200 on Ebay. I picked up two when they were new, one is still unopened. 🤔

Screenshot_20231219_190256_Video Player.jpg

I spotted this guy driving in downtown Redwood Coty last year .. looks like he decided to build a real one.

The big set goes for $150 at Target, etc .. I still have one in the box unopened.

The OG Creator mini set goes for $200 on Ebay. I picked up two when they were new, one is still unopened. 🤔

View attachment 2622

I spotted this guy driving in downtown Redwood Coty last year .. looks like he decided to build a real one.
I might have mentioned it here but I seriously considered restomodding one of these but the stock non BTTF interior is basically GM 80s dash. Except for the doors, you could be in a fiero.

PS. Consider selling the OG set, Dan. How much more appreciation do you expect from a $30 set? I just checked and my set went for $155 in 2020

PS. Consider selling the OG set, Dan. How much more appreciation do you expect from a $30 set? I just checked and my set went for $155 in 2020

I don't buy these to sell .. 🤔

That OG X-wing collector set i still have from 1998 or so .. my buddy worked at Toys R US ( remember that place? ) .. I just gave him a tag to pick up a "swing set" .. except there was no swing set in that big box. 😉 anyways, Grog tangent, that set would be worth $1200 or more if it were NIB still. Idk bow much appreciation that is over time, considering it was free .. if only I knew then what I know now sort of thing. Perhaps that is a topic for the financial thread - investing in Legos. 🤣

I might have mentioned it here but I seriously considered restomodding one of these but the stock non BTTF interior is basically GM 80s dash. Except for the doors, you could be in a fiero.

Kind of like KITT, third gen firebirds have the shittiest interiors GM ever produced, but with all the KITT stuff it’s cool.

Speaking of KITT .. hey @gunn , I still have a vintage David Hasslehoff Knight Rider action figure, is this worth anything ?? 🤣

Leads to an interesting thought put simply, how much KITT can a casual person obtain now?

Is that tree from your property or your neighbors? Who will be responsible to clearing that out?
It's my neighbors and it landed in my yard. The neighbor paid to get it cleaned up yesterday. People had asked me that all day and I don't think anyone seems to know! :unsure: I've heard all kind of different scenarios, last thing I want to do is call my insurance company to find out.
Hey, I recognize that yard! :thumbsup: Glad that didn't hit the house. Yeah, those pine trees are shit. Not a fan of them at all.
Good memory Ron! ;) Things were crazy here Monday with the rain and wind, how were things your way? I heard the Carolinas were hit hard.

Joe

Our Lady of Guadalupe with a security camera above her head at a bar I was recently in, in South Texas. Have a drink, say a prayer and be watched over by the all seeing eye of Sauron. Got to love the irony.

IMG_8260.jpeg

It's my neighbors and it landed in my yard. The neighbor paid to get it cleaned up yesterday. People had asked me that all day and I don't think anyone seems to know! :unsure: I've heard all kind of different scenarios, last thing I want to do is call my insurance company to find out.

Good memory Ron! ;) Things were crazy here Monday with the rain and wind, how were things your way? I heard the Carolinas were hit hard.

Joe
Not where I live. We just had some rain. The winds didn’t get very high here. The temps have dropped though now that the front has passed.

Speaking of KITT .. hey @gunn , I still have a vintage David Hasslehoff Knight Rider action figure, is this worth anything ?? 🤣
Of course, grown ass adults of your age and mine are willing to buy all sorts of toys from their childhood. Its a way to reconnect with their youth -- cheaper than buying the hero cars they always wanted like Testarossas, FD RX7s, E36 M3s, etc

I had a Honda oddyssey (ATV not minivan) toy I played with as a kid that my mom brought back from her home. My son played with it twice and ignored it so I decided to throw it on ebay. Someone paid $60 + shipping to australia for that.

Looks like its worth a LOT more with KITT

View attachment 2609

I keep thinking more about this post, the wiki picture right now is cool
hope this car could go lower, loose the spoiler and the wheel caps

Learned something new this Christmas. You can't go out and buy cookbooks anymore. They're all digital now. Or at least all the ones my wife wants are.

So a ream of paper later, I'm binding two new cookbooks for her. Putting each recipe on a page and each page in a sleeve. I'm also sticking a small hook above the counter for her to hang the sleeve from while she's cooking.

Jesus Christ I hate the future.

EC6CE31D-9CEC-4184-BD58-17EE62A5903A.jpeg

That's interesting. I figured that cookbooks would be one of the last things to still be printed since every successful blogging cook seems to get a book deal to collate their best recipes. Examples I recall are Smitten Kitchen, Nom Nom Paleo, David Libovitz, etc.

They still get the book deals but they charge you $30 just to download it with a 2-print limit. If you think about it, it's brilliant for them. They don't have to pay for physical publishing costs but still get to charge you the same money.

Also yay for DRM strippers.

Nice 75° day here so I washed both the fun cars. Tremec 5 speeds in each, love the feeling of these transmissions. Especially the Cougars t45 it clicks into second so smoothly. 8-)

Bird&Cat.jpg

Cat&Bird.jpg

I really need to go see El Monstero. Once I wrap up the out of town project this year I plan on going next year.

My buddy was so happy when I finally got home from out of town this Friday. He ended up with the zoomies after I shot this. Took him almost 15 min. to calm it down, lol...

Nice 75° day here so I washed both the fun cars. Tremec 5 speeds in each, love the feeling of these transmissions. Especially the Cougars t45 it clicks into second so smoothly. 8-)

View attachment 2757

View attachment 2758

Technically both the T5 and T45 are Borg Warner designs, Tremec just continued manufacturing them after the buyout

Technically both the T5 and T45 are Borg Warner designs, Tremec just continued manufacturing them after the buyout

I did a drivetrain swap on my brother in laws 95 chevy s10 .. he blew a piston out of the side of the 2.2 4 cylinder block. It used the Borg Warner T5 with the Muncie bell housing. We replaced his engine / transmission with a 95 4.3 V6 and the World Class Tremec T5 variant ( has a Ford bolt pattern with an adapter to the SBC pattern .. 😉 ) .. same T5, different bell housing bolt patterns.

Last edited:
Oh, and we also made our gingerbread house.

PXL_20231223_061740947.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20231223_061724244.PORTRAIT.jpg

The "wart" on the roof is me being creative. I decided that the house was struck by a meteorite and you are seeing the initial impact and destruction occurring before it's completely destroyed 😁.

PXL_20231223_061812048.PORTRAIT.jpg