Post a picture you took today

I wouldn’t say that. You’re correct that there are fewer and fewer cars left for owners to find but the ones that do will always have something to discuss. Realistically everything I did to my car with the exception of a few things were done by people well before I joined the original forum, but it didn’t stop me from asking questions to clear things up and of course posting my projects and ideas… maybe to excess lol
That's true. What I mean is more of the ability or availability of the content creator to continue contributing due to other factors. It's understandable for people to disappear for periods of time due to various reasons once their work on something is done and they have nothing left to do for now. There's time for doing things and then there's time for documenting and discussing them. Multiply that across however many different forums of various subjects and interests a person has to manage, then factor in those activities that happen entirely outside of any forum, then factor in forum or online fatigue in general, and there's going to be decay over time.

She looks brand new!

Agreed, I still like the new edge design.

The fact that it was Comp Orange and had the rare Webasto sunroof option was what led me to buy this car back in 2010. The color really makes the car for me. Bought it with 67K. Now it has 173K. I do my best to keep it clean.

Not photos I took today; I just came across them. Does that count?

Taurus SHO instrument cluster. Note that it has a shift indicator with individually illuminated PRND21.

Seen from the back, it has an additional connector. We only have two connectors on the MN12 (and non-SHO Taurus/Sable).

Which brings up two questions:

Why did they bother with this on SHO? Other floor shifter equipped Taurus/Sable don't have this to my knowledge. (Column shifter equipped cars use a basic shift indicator with a mechanical needle.)

And if someone wanted to install such a shift indicator on '97 MN12, where would you get the input from? (Is there any 4R70W equipped vehicle with such a shift indicator from the factory?)

Screenshot_20231109_214646_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20231109_214659_Gallery.jpg

At one point I had the pinout for the SHO cluster, which would easily answer your question. I can't recall off the top of my head. When I was retroffiting the gauges into my car I briefly considered rewiring the car to drop it in, but gave up in favor of "adjusting" the stock cluster's traces and moving some pins around on the car's connectors.

SHOs got rid of the shift indicator in 1997 fwiw, they just have a blank out there. You wouldn’t be able to use the whole cluster in a Tbird since the flexible circuit and white base are MN12 specific, which would make adding that shifter wiring a whole todo

The fact that it was Comp Orange and had the rare Webasto sunroof option was what led me to buy this car back in 2010. The color really makes the car for me. Bought it with 67K. Now it has 173K. I do my best to keep it clean.
Wait, that's factory? I was under the impression forever that SN95s never had a factory installed sunroof

Wait, that's factory? I was under the impression forever that SN95s never had a factory installed sunroof
It was an option. You could special order it. The car was sent to Webasto prior to the dealer for the installation. I have all the paperwork from Webasto.

Pic from tonight. Swapping out the diff in a pretty well known SC. Long live TBU!

Attachments

• IMG_2721.jpeg
    IMG_2721.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 18
Changed out the intake and did some testing. Still gotta clamp it down but the gold compliments the red huh.

Check out the banner on my profile 😉

Attachments

• 0352CF13-BE78-441C-A5ED-2C85CC3BD6F0.jpeg
    0352CF13-BE78-441C-A5ED-2C85CC3BD6F0.jpeg
    194.9 KB · Views: 12
  • C9AB025E-E526-4049-89EE-83E3A931DD39.jpeg
    C9AB025E-E526-4049-89EE-83E3A931DD39.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 7
I'm sure he'd call it a stunning and gorgeous design I'm just jealous of, but no just a family member of a neighbor lol

Made an attempt at tinting a spare cluster lense - with marginal success. Much like anal bleaching, tinting is best left to professionals.

The idea here was to replicate a Continental type cluster which is entirely dark when the ignition is off. However, even my LEDs aren't bright enough to produce good legibility behind such tint. Worth experimenting with though.

20231112_150713.jpg

IMG_20231112_153414104_HDR.jpgIMG_20231112_150417399_HDR.jpgIMG_20231112_153616613.jpgIMG_20231112_153622928.jpg
Explains why my trailer would get squirly on rough roads.

Looks like you need a skid loader to to it on it's side and weld some plates in there. That, some POR15, and it's good for a long time again.