Post a picture you took today

My truck gets 7 when I'm towing.
The Honda is lucky to get 15 since I do short city trips now.
The red car gets the equivalent of 20 miles to a full tank
And the gold car hasn't been filled up since 2018

20230928_200346.jpg

I can get that up to about 31 or 32 if I keep it in Eco mode rather than Sport. Not too bad for an n/a v6 non-hybrid.

45 in the Fusion, 25 in the Edge, 22 in the Bird. Ain't mad.

Best looking part of the S550 was the rear end, I'm not super thrilled with this refresh there, what is it with modern carmakers and their obsession with that tupperware black textured plastic diaper under the bumpers?

Last edited:
what is it with modern carsmakers and their obsession with that tupperware black textured plastic diaper under the bumpers?
When it gets dinged in a parking lot, you have to replace a $600-900 piece of plastic that probably costs them $2.50 to make, instead of just some paint work.

When it gets dinged in a parking lot, you have to replace a $600-900 piece of plastic that probably costs them $2.50 to make, instead of just some paint work.

So it just looks awful ALL the time? lol It's just like the car bra thing, scratches look better than that crap!

Last week. My first s650 sighting! It was a base model GT from what I could tell.

View attachment 1068

So that's what that was! Had one behind me a few days ago and I thought to myself "Hmmm, not the normal Mustang front end that I'm used to..."

Puppy picture, if that is acceptable here :)... Drusilla, my daughters 6 month old Palm/Chi mix is starting to get her long coat, she likes the car. My boy Todd is not a fan of car rides.

If anyone wants a fuzzy puppy, the morons we got her from are having another "accidental litter" and will be giving away more soon... :facepalm:

1696017574834.png

Last edited:
Last week. My first s650 sighting! It was a base model GT from what I could tell.

View attachment 1068
At least in pics, it looks like they took some design cues from the Toyota GR86 from the side and the Dodge Charger from the rear and rear quarter. The headlights look derivative too, although the car that it resembles doesn't come to mind immediately. The whole car doesn't look as original or distinctly Mustang as the S550.

So it just looks awful ALL the time? lol It's just like the car bra thing, scratches look better than that crap!
I've been advocating for clearbras for probably over a decade now if you want rock chip protection. The old style car bras look awful, can scratch the paint if debris gets in between, and leave tan lines when removed.

But yes, the diaper as you call it, especially in unpainted gray plastic, has been an awful design trend. It was derived from something useful (carbon fiber rear diffusers) in racing and bastardized for the street, just like a lot of factory junk such as fake vents/scoops, fake exhaust tips, and whatever else you can find on a Toyota Camry XSE.

Last edited:
As a Camry XSE owner, I will confirm the fake vents and fake tips lol. The 'diffuser' you're thinking of is probably on the TRD Camry. It has a terrible rear spoiler to go with it.

I saw one of those Trds yesterday! I honestly couldn't believe it was factory, it wasn't any better than the 95 Camry with the erector set spoiler in the high school parking lot

1000001084.jpg
Saw my buddies SN95 drift car again today. He lost it and hit the wall earlier this season. I need to call a frame shop over the weekend so we can get it straightened.

Kind of, the 2nd gen ones only. A little dim greenish light that they called "theater lighting." I'll upload a pic of what it looks like after it gets dark enough. :)

Last edited:
Well this sucks
IMG_20230929_191352089_HDR.jpg
I had put these smoked tails in my closet, on the top shelf, so when I got older and more experienced I could sand off the roasted clear coat and try to restore them.

Guess I can't.

I learned today that the Mark VIII had illuminated door releases - just like my car!
Kind of, the 2nd gen ones only. A little dim greenish light that they called "theater lighting." I'll upload a pic of what it looks like after it gets dark enough. :)

The photo makes it look way brighter than reality, but you get the gist.

PXL_20230929_235238664.NIGHT.jpg

I didn’t realize Marks had the switches light up green while everything else is blue

There's a 94 mark viii at the lkq pick your part in Cincinnati. It still had one in it.

There's a 94 mark viii at the lkq pick your part in Cincinnati. It still had one in it.
93s are the only ones that are a one piece design. The rest are two piece with a rubber insulation holding the pieces together. Great for NVH, horrible for speed/power.