Post a picture you took today

That post really reminds me how much the internet has changed. 16 years ago that post could have reached this level of viral greatness

The FB group.... way too many posts of stupid shit like that or the common place picture of someones Tbird with the front end collapsed on the pavement. :facepalm:
In that one post about the black Coyote swapped tbird one of the commenters called us forum fudds for calling hot air intakes hot air intakes out of the blue. I looked back at his post history and he not once, but twice dumped his LCA into the wheel, and somehow injured his finger in the process:confused2:

i_see_dumb_people.jpg
I should probably leave it at that. But they were part of the reason I've lost a bit of interest in the group. One of them once suggested the OBD-II mail order tuner he parrots at every opportunity when someone asked for OBD-I help.

That being said, at least pic posts in the group aren't regularly followed by several blockheads asking for wheel specs whenever someone posts a pic with aftermarket wheels. See the Lexus GS Facebook group I follow, and probably at this point only because I've gotten to know the group owner pretty well.

Last edited:
The FB group.... way too many posts of stupid shit like that or the common place picture of someones Tbird with the front end collapsed on the pavement. :facepalm:
There's something to be said about people who overshare when they really shouldn't. Who takes pride in ignorance (no, the info's been out there for decades) negligence?

One of my neighbors has a sticker on their car that says "My other car is a Tardis" with a picture of a Tardis on it.

I think that's so cool!
When I worked for an evil multinational organization, I put 'Umbrella corp" logos on my cars, after I shaved the emblems.
Ialso put patches on my lab coats, lol. They actually asked if those were gang signs, lol.
We did start the "511 Mafia", in response to them outlawing gangs, or gang signs. So we had to invent some, lol. Management did not understand tennessee, lol.
One of the idiots in another group got in trouble for getting wasted at lunch. After the inevitable email came out, I had four people stop by my office and say; "No we are not getting wasted at lunch" :) So I took them all to the strip club! Nothing like a hundred hooters wings and strippers for a "team building lunch" I even took a couple of vendors, that copped for table dances. :)

Ugh, now I need to wash my belts. :beek: Thanks for adding to my project list, lol.

David, welcome to the new roost!! I always love seeing your cars. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the welcome. Photo was taken last weekend while getting the SC ready for a road trip and Thunderbird road rally in French Lick, IN area this coming weekend.

Two years ago I cleaned up and built a 98 Explorer 5.0 for one of my daughters. I took the seat belts out and let them soak for a couple days in water and some purple power. Then I scrubbed them then hit them with the pressure washer. The junk that came out of them was pretty nasty.

If you disassemble the belts and wrap the remaining hardware carefully you can put them in a washing machine. :) Using downy makes them soft and flexible. :) Nylon is chemically like polyester, so it won't hurt them. No bleach or heavy cleaners tho. just tide.

Purple power and simple green are phosphate cleaners, so shouldn't hurt nylon. The thread is also nylon too. My sis worked at allied in the 70's, sewing seatbelts. Nice union job that moved off shore by '82.
4 motorcycles with a 40' length of seatbelt material can pull a jeep out of a 4' deep mudhole. :) They threw away any roll ends, or partial rolls, like when they changed colors. I've been a dumpster diver since the 70's, lol. It's amazing what people throw away.

Nice, like most I'd really like a 1970 LS 454 car, but I didn't win the powerball.
That would be a neat car. This particualr Chevelle is pretty plain other than is has factory AC. It's a 2 barrel carb 350. The engine was locked up from sitting 20 years. So we are installing a fresh rebuilt unit.

the-simpsons-bart-simpson.gif

I think I'm just going to make this a thing (at least for myself) when I see those kits.