Post a picture you took today

Congrats! ❤️
My favorite first 'trick' to teach is to have him wait for your green light to exit the doorway for a walk. You can start with treats, but they already like the treat of a walk, and its more useful than a trick. Dogs are good at understanding boundaries

390 FEs in those go to show Ford always sucked at engine bay packaging lol

Any Doctor Who fans out there?

I was dressed up as David Tennant for a renaissance fair in SW Ohio on Saturday for their "time travelers" weekend. Looks like at least one of each Doctor showed up - a few pretty good ones in the mix!

20230930_183716.jpg

Any Doctor Who fans out there?

I was dressed up as David Tennant for a renaissance fair in SE Ohio on Saturday for their "time travelers" weekend. Looks like at least one of each Doctor showed up - a few pretty good ones in the mix!

View attachment 1169

One of my neighbors has a sticker on their car that says "My other car is a Tardis" with a picture of a Tardis on it.

I think that's so cool!

While at the show yesterday, I noticed a few things that I don't think I'm really going to need anymore! :headbang:

Joe

View attachment 1170View attachment 1171

So sad that it's come to this but Bill lit the fuse when he sold the site out from under us. Yup. Time for that stuff to go. We should come up with some BirdCats stuff to replace it with.

I'm cool with it!
Hey me too, I'm here lol I just love the little coincidental similarities MN12s have to the really old stuff(both platforms in this case were designed for 6 cylinders only).

I'm just glad Ford put the spark plugs on the top in our case!

Hey me too, I'm here lol I just love the little coincidental similarities MN12s have to the really old stuff(both platforms in this case were designed for 6 cylinders only).

I'm just glad Ford put the spark plugs on the top in our case!
I agree with you there. When we were working the the design concept of the SuperBirdo car we spent some time trying to think up hood scoop designs based on older Tbirds. While I was doing that I really noticed how many details and styling cues they stole from the old days for the MN12. Pretty cool really.

So sad that it's come to this but Bill lit the fuse when he sold the site out from under us. Yup. Time for that stuff to go. We should come up with some BirdCats stuff to replace it with.
For the newbie here, what ever happened to Bill after he sold it?

He vanished for all intents and purposes. Then a couple years ago we found out he died of COVID.

For the newbie here, what ever happened to Bill after he sold it?

He died March 9 of last year from COVID .. Probably never got the vax.

Well that is sad. From all angles.

“He’s dead” is certainly the succinct answer lol Long answer is he sold it back in 2010 to a place called the Authority Auto Network, who had a small portfolio of automotive webpages but not one forum except us. They actually ended up paying Bill to host the forum on his server until 2014 when they ultimately sold it to autoguide aka verticalscope. He did actually pop up now and then in that post sale period, though not for long as he burned a lot of bridges. Beyond that point I’m not sure what Bill was up to besides eventually dying

I agree with you there. When we were working the the design concept of the SuperBirdo car we spent some time trying to think up hood scoop designs based on older Tbirds. While I was doing that I really noticed how many details and styling cues they stole from the old days for the MN12. Pretty cool really.

Yeah there are very subtle retro nods in MN12s without being overtly obvious like on modern retromobiles like the S197 Mustangs and Challengers. Tbird front ends, especially 94-97 clearly harken back to the squarebirds, Cougar grilles and taillights call back the finned vertical bars on the originals, the 89-90 grille is basically the 70 grille widened, the various side moldings(especially the tapered 91-93 era ones) mimic the bodylines in glamourbirds, and the Cougar's formal roofline even resembles the Tbird hardtop rooflines of the early 60s

Last edited:
IMG_6503.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6504.jpeg
    IMG_6504.jpeg
    583.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6505.jpeg
    IMG_6505.jpeg
    593.3 KB · Views: 9