Post a picture you took today

You might have seen 40% coverage .. I was at 75-80% at best; but the clouds were too thick at that time. As soon as the eclipse was over, the sky cleared up. 🙄

Par for the course here, northeastern IL is not the place to become interested in astronomy lol

I guess cutting up to 1/4” steel and 2” thick chunks of hardwood through the years took its toll on my old jigsaw. It served me well

IMG_4646.jpeg
IMG_4649.jpeg

Matt, if that's a sears tool, there are parts available, if you search hard enough. I was able to get parts from sears for a water heater I bought at Lowes, during the tarrif/ supply chain problems a few years ago. I talked to a production supervisor, at the plant that made them, and he told me where to buy them; he was waiting on a shipment from china, and they were shut down until some containers of parts got there. But sears part direct had one.

Matt, if that's a sears tool, there are parts available, if you search hard enough. I was able to get parts from sears for a water heater I bought at Lowes, during the tarrif/ supply chain problems a few years ago. I talked to a production supervisor, at the plant that made them, and he told me where to buy them; he was waiting on a shipment from china, and they were shut down until some containers of parts got there. But sears part direct had one.

It's a Skil, and no the armature is discontinued, I gave it a good search, even finding there's an interchange with Bosch but I couldn't find any sources I just ended up buying a new one

I passed this old dive bar I used to go to one morning. The sign correction made me chuckle. Yes, it wasn't open.PXL_20231013_173836623.jpg

How the hell did he snap a 8.8 pinion gear with 220 horsepower and a open diff??? lol

That's so stupid. More than double our prices in the Midwest. But I'm sure they're putting those tax monies into the electric grid🤔

this is on the really high side, it’s usually about mid low to mid 6’s right now. Being on the side of the freeway really gives these guys the idea they can charge whatever and people will pay.

Not a political post in any way just showcasing the craziness of all this. I don’t understand how different states have different prices.

Anyone else suddenly getting these on Youtube?

1697682586079.png

Eat my ass Google.

Not a political post in any way just showcasing the craziness of all this. I don’t understand how different states have different prices.

Gas is $4.99 for regular down the street from my house .. but the wife manages to drive half way across town to fill up the SS with $6.69 premium at Chevron.

Up here, they shut down the refineries in Concord / Benicia during the winter months for maintenance. I know a few people doing 6-10 shifts taking home over $3k a week after taxes.

Anyone else suddenly getting these on Youtube?

View attachment 1550

Eat my ass Google.
I'm aware that people have started seeing that lately, but I have never seen it on any permutation of apps or browsers and ad blockers on my desktop or mobile devices. What are you using?

I'm aware that people have started seeing that lately, but I have never seen it on any permutation of apps or browsers and ad blockers on my desktop or mobile devices. What are you using?

Chrome with uBlock origin. I'm only seeing it on my laptop thus far.

On desktop, I have Waterfox + uBlock Origin, Brave + uBlock Origin, and Vivaldi + uBlock Origin. I was going to say my uBO filter lists in each respective browser are loaded, but it turns out they're not. They're set on their defaults.

Maybe try flushing your uBO cache or try a different browser with uBO. I only use Chrome on my work laptop and it's so locked down in terms of being able to add extensions that I don't do anything in there. Chrome is a bloated piece of crap browser anyway, and I wouldn't be surprised if Google screwed with it to cause it to break on YouTube with uBO.