Post a picture you took today

How does one get one of these?
Ooops, that would be helpful, wouldn't it! :facepalm:

billetframes.com

They can custom make almost anything you want in all kinds of frame styles and fonts. The frame style I went with is Single Line Wide with CGF Locust Resistance font with solid letters that Ron used on the banner. $43.95 delivered and what's great about them it doesn't matter what frame or how much lettering you use, that's the price!

Joe

I use Firefox with ProtonVPN NetShield. It never trips the adblock warnings.

Awesome. Sorry you got rained out. Thanks for sharing. I hope to make it to the track again this fall. I haven't been in like 3 years now!

Atrocious seats? Check.

For 1000$, the bird ain’t that bad. All stock 4.6 with a shift shift kit.

My problem before was not having a place to work on the car, now I don’t have tools 😬.

IMG_4164.jpegIMG_4165.jpegIMG_4167.jpeg

CAC5E819-E6EE-4042-B3A9-40EE51315B56.jpeg

Took it out to get some lunch today.

I did it! My friend called this "grown up Go-Karting" 😂.

Not too bad on time for a first timer either. This is definitely much more different style of driving than mountain and canyon driving!

PXL_20231021_222221072.jpg

PXL_20231021_222430682.jpg

This is definitely much more different style of driving than mountain and canyon driving!

So how did you like it ?? Kinda makes driving around cones in a parking lot feel like pre school driving. 😉

So how did you like it ?? Kinda makes driving around cones in a parking lot feel like pre school driving. 😉

Dude, I LOVED IT!!!

And yes, that's definitely preschool type driving. I'd most definitely love to take my cars out to these sorts of tracks and just drive.

Buttonwillow and Willow Springs are very close to where you live. 😉

"Very close" is relative, I guess. Google has both at the following distances for me from home:

Willow Springs: 119 miles, 2hrs 4min
Button Willow: 218 miles, 3hrs 29min

Buttonwillow and Willow Springs are very close to where you live. 😉
Thunderhill is fun when configured for 5mi full circuit. Button Willlow has very little elevation change; it really does feel like a parking lot.
Laguna Seca really is like the video games but Sears Point is still my favorite.
Not sure where you are eating in LV but the places I've gone a lot for work and the two places I would be happy to spend my own money were Craftsteak (the Braised Beef Ribs are amazin), Momofuku (esp for the Bo Ssam), and maybe Sushisamba (Japanese/Peruvian fusion)

"Very close" is relative, I guess. Google has both at the following distances for me from home:

Willow Springs: 119 miles, 2hrs 4min
Button Willow: 218 miles, 3hrs 29min

For me ..

Willow springs: 317 miles, 4hrs 46min
Buttonwillow: 212 miles, 3hrs 12min
Thunderhill: 184 miles, 2hrs 59min
Sonoma raceway: 86 miles, 1hr 36min
Laguna seca: 75 miles, 1hr 21min

They are all good tracks in their own ways. 😉

Sonoma is the closest drag strip for me.

Went to the junkyard today and found a ford van with bullet proof glass and panels.

Attachments

• IMG_6610.jpeg
    IMG_6610.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6611.jpeg
    IMG_6611.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6612.jpeg
    IMG_6612.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6613.jpeg
    IMG_6613.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6614.jpeg
    IMG_6614.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6615.jpeg
    IMG_6615.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6616.jpeg
    IMG_6616.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6617.jpeg
    IMG_6617.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6618.jpeg
    IMG_6618.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
Just got home after a week in Ashland, OR. I'll post some pics after I finish looking them through and processing them. Wifey and I to get some rest first!

I found out how valuable a highway through the mountains is when we detoured around the closed US-199 just south of the CA-OR state line. What could have been a 2 hour drive turned into a 5 hour drive! And how post-apocalyptic it feels to drive in an area that was hit by a wildfire! :beek:

(Yes, I know US-199 is only closed 6 hours out of the day, but I didn't know that the first time I tried to take that route... oops...)

1000001335.jpg
Back to being a shelf for now. Whole car is going to get wet sanded, certain parts re-cleared, and then polished. Also need to roll the fenders, finish the tune, get the interior back together, and address the exhaust length being uneven.

And there is STILL something that catches when I try to steer the car.

View attachment 1613
Back to being a shelf for now. Whole car is going to get wet sanded, certain parts re-cleared, and then polished. Also need to roll the fenders, finish the tune, get the interior back together, and address the exhaust length being uneven.

And there is STILL something that catches when I try to steer the car.
I definitely like the wheels.

Shes practically naked 👀

I was thinking of switching to Brave anyway, that's what I use on my mobile devices

I recently started using Brave more often. It works really well. FF has much tighter security and can cause site performance issues.

Judge these welds, bought this harbor freight flux 125 a year ago and never really use it. Just messing around nothing serious. Pretty sure my setting are wrong and my technique leaves much to be desired 😬

I’d be happy if I could weld my own braces soon and not have to rely on anybody.

IMG_4174.jpegIMG_4175.jpegIMG_4176.jpeg

Leaves a lot to be desired. Need practice and better prep. Try a grinder or flap disc on the area you intend to weld; otherwise that oil and oxidation ends up as porosity in your welds.