Post a picture you took today

Stopped by the local cruise night briefly on the way home. It’s mostly the same cars I’ve seen a billion times but there were a few stragglers that caught my eye.

IMG_5680.jpeg

IMG_5679.jpeg

IMG_5678.jpeg

IMG_5677.jpeg

69 428cj Mach 1. Sorry I took zero pics of the exterior, mustangs bore me lol but I do love the comfortweave seats!

IMG_5675.jpeg

Hey! I know you!
IMG_5676.jpeg

Looks expensive!

IMG_5674.jpeg

Reminds me of my grand uncle Jimmie’s caddy collection. That first one is a Eldorado with the stainless steel roof. 50s cars aren’t my thing but goddamn!

IMG_5673.jpeg

My fav. 67 Cyclone on torque thrusts. My cougar’s granddaddy(or daddy. I guess 94 is old as fuck lol)

IMG_5671.jpeg

Sorry for my finger blur, was blocking the sun, but a 4 speed too! I love Mercury interiors from the 60s, the body is all Fairlanes but that dash is so much better!
IMG_5672.jpeg

Seen this before but I love it. I have deep Kenosha/Racine roots, so AMCs are in my blood
IMG_5670.jpeg

78 SE relegated to public parking like me

IMG_5667.jpeg

TA 6.6 on an auto 🤭

IMG_5668.jpeg

This wasn’t at the car show, I just spotted it picking up take out a minute ago. 99.999% sure this is neither a real twister or a Mach 1 but I do like yellow on mustangs for some reason

IMG_5655.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5655.jpeg
    IMG_5655.jpeg
    288.2 KB · Views: 4
Nice selection of cars!
Tonight was a pretty good night, there were a few more cars I wanted to take pics of (69 GTO vert, 72 Demon, new Demon, oh and of course an 02 Tbird :rofl: but people were blocking me.

Oh one more, had to take the pic over my shoulder in selfie mode because I couldn’t contain my facial expression if I were facing the owner, and I’m polite in person(believe it or not). You know all jokes aside about dumpsters and awnings, an appliance white wrap might not have been the best of choices!

IMG_5656.jpeg

Comfortweave seats are great, I loved the ones I had in my 70 Mach1! The AMXs are really ballsy cars, you would never think a Rambler would go like that! o_O

Joe

Comfortweave seats are great, I loved the ones I had in my 70 Mach1! The AMXs are really ballsy cars, you would never think a Rambler would go like that! o_O

Joe

Only seats I’d swap my SCseats for would be the 03-04 Mach 1 comfortweave recreations! I love that style and feel.

The second gen AMC V8 is a great platform, I heard they have oiling issues(fixable with some simple mods) but in terms of performance they are on par with the best, and they aren’t heavy for their displacement.

I can't remember ever seeing a manual in a late 70's ta. The 6.6 one I drove sometimes was auto and sucked.

I can't remember ever seeing a manual in a late 70's ta. The 6.6 one I drove sometimes was auto and sucked.

The TA 6.6s were 400/manual. My Dad taught me the difference at a very young age since he bought those decals at the dealer for his 78 403/auto shaker 😆

The TA 6.6s were 400/manual. My Dad taught me the difference at a very young age since he bought those decals at the dealer for his 78 403/auto shaker 😆
When I was 19, my girlfriend at the time bought me a model 78 TransAm. I look at it, and it had TA6.6 on the hood. Look inside, it has a 4-speed. Cool! Open the hood…
-Dammit!
-What’s wrong?
-It has the wrong engine.
-What do you mean the wrong engine? You’re not driving the thing!
-No, the engine is wrong based on the rest of the car. See it says TA-6.6?
-Yeah
-And see the manual trans inside?
-Yeah
-Well the manual trans was only offered behind the Pontiac 400, not the Olds 403, and if it had a Pontiac 400 it read TA6.6 and if it had an Olds 403 it read 6.6Litre
-So it’s right then
-No, see the oil fill right in front?
-OK
-That was only on the Oldsmobile engine, the Pontiac engine had it in the valve cover. So it has the wrong engine.
-Asshole!
-Sorry.

RTR's car, the first and only (right now) mystichrome 650. Just happened to be at a local cars and coffee. It's in town for the big Lebanon Ford Performance car show tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20240824_090635.jpg
    20240824_090635.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
  • 20240824_091256.jpg
    20240824_091256.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
IMG_20240824_154602450_HDR~2.jpgIMG_20240824_154817088_HDR~2.jpgIMG_20240824_154616852_HDR.jpg
First real drive in years. Out of the neighbor hood, saw some friends who thought I sold it. Did a few donuts in celebration.

The car is also, after 12 years of me looking after it, finally in my name.
IMG_20240824_154629149_HDR~2.jpg

Ahh, the station wagons! The folks had 3 that I remember, a 64? Galaxie wagon, a 68 and a 75 Montego wagon. A lot of family time in those things! :biggrin:

Joe

Ahh, the station wagons! The folks had 3 that I remember, a 64? Galaxie wagon, a 68 and a 75 Montego wagon. A lot of family time in those things! :biggrin:

Joe
Ah, Yes. The Mini-van of the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s. Also served duty as ambulances, hearses and, of course … the ectomobile.

I’m partial to the ‘53 Mercury that was featured in Asteroid City. Hilarious movie too BTW.

IMG_4101.jpeg

Is that a factory color? Never been a fan of the Tan/Gold colors.... However your TBird looks really good in in that shade! The wheels look great too, the dark color compliments the cars black trim
Yup, saddle tan metallic. The original color has faded a lot, so it looks more gold than tan.

Dang!How many miles on that engine?
No idea but it has brand new bearings, no metal in the oil. Just how it is when it’s very hot with the AC load on the electrical system and under drive pulleys not quite letting the alternator output what it should at idle.

Gotta love the easy feeling of the modded functional oil pressure gauge when it’s this hot out 🫣

View attachment 7318
92 here today, 97 tomorrow with a feels like 110. Upper 70' dew point sucks and I have to play golf for work. The only day I play golf and it has to be melt asphalt temp.