Post a picture you took today

I would never eat in my car. I might have a drink, but its gotta be an occasion that I let tea or coffee in, then Im driving slow. I gotta eat I pull over and sit on a curb. I understand why many others would not

Maybe Im missing the point of drive through orders in a classic sense, but no bring it home or to the park

View attachment 7215
The aftermath of one Sunday afternoon cross-town trip with my wife in the car. This was how I found my car this morning.

How do women live like this?

Mine uses the door "pockets" as "miniature trash cans". So the floor of the car itself isn't dirty, but you still gotta dig through all the crap in the doors to take all the trash out.

I feel you brother.

It's the approach to the automobile as (nothing other than) a use item.

I also hear some people justifying their dirty cars by saying that their car is the  one place where they can focus on themselves. Their commute is their me-time. So the car somehow represents a space where they're free from the expectation of cleanliness, etc., even though they're not messy people in general.
I'm sure most of us here are the complete opposite of those examples, but this is my philosophy on why I keep the space clean, beyond the hobby:

My cars are cleaner than my home because it's a much smaller area to maintain and it's more public facing, although my home isn't a war zone either like some people's cars. Also, you really don't want some of that crap in open containers getting heated up to 110+°F in the summer.

I've had coworkers who needed 5 minutes cleaning out their trash before we could get in and go to lunch. I've had to wait for food crumbs, fast food packaging, bottled soft drinks, canned soft drinks, exploded canned soft drinks, bath bombs, lotion, leaves, jackets, musical instruments, tools, sporting goods, boxes, stacks of paperwork, and more to be cleaned out. With one of my former coworkers, it was a damn scavenger hunt every time even though he would always say it was because of his teenage (at the time) kids. I never bought that.

In my book, it's a matter of personal pride and at least putting forth an effort to make a good impression.

Last edited:
That photo doesn't even look that bad. It's worse if there are coins everywhere, which then get caught under the carpet or in seat tracks...
I drive this car 500 miles a week on average. It is essentially my office. Even on the days I transport kids, it stays tidy. I have a Solo cup in the door pocket for my trash and a box of grocery bags in the spare tire well if ever needed. It gets vacuumed at least every other week.

Wife gets in it for one hour and that was the result. I haven't looked inside her car in a while and I'm afraid to.

Every couple months I have to clean out the wife's car when we take it somewhere and we expect passengers to share the ride. It gets riddled with trash and goes to general mayhem because she eats lunch in the car. For her it's the only place she can go while at work to get a real break and time away from the medical staff asking questions. By the time she gets home, she is too burned out to care about cleaning up.

I'm not as messy as she, as I toss the trash that comes from any given trip after said trip concludes. But I do have a bad habit of letting "stuff" accumulate in the unused areas of the car over time, which only get cleaned out once or twice a year (e.g. tools or work papers). She cleans the trash out of her car maybe once every 10-14 days. She has limits too but her "capacity to care" is substantially reduced until she gets a 3-day weekend.

I remember helping with carpool when my daughter was young; 1st - 2nd grade timeframe. There was a mother that every time we opened the car door to let her son in trash would fall out. We'd pick it up off the parking lot and put it back on the floorboard, she wouldn't even flinch.

When my daughter was still in a car seat she'd have snacks or water, etc with her, never let her be messy.

I always have coffee or water when I'm driving, usually in a sealed cup. The only time we eat in a car is on a long road trip and that's only snacks like jerky, twisters, etc. When we need to actually eat we stop and have a meal in the restaurant.

Mine uses the door "pockets" as "miniature trash cans". So the floor of the car itself isn't dirty, but you still gotta dig through all the crap in the doors to take all the trash out.

I feel you brother.
I put change in the pocket, when I get fast food, And I've opened/closed the door and had change come out, lol. At the end of the day, I might have a food bag to get rid of, but I never eat french fries in the car; an old body man told me that's what eats out the floorpans.

I feel you brother.
Wow... My wife does the same thing! Then she puts a plastic Walmart bag hung around the stick shift... NO NO NO NO! Not in this car! Throw it out the window! :p

I feel you brother.
Mine too. Every time I get in the T-Bird I crinkle my nose at all of the trash that accumulates in those things. Then I clean them out for next time.

The trick is to chug like 20oz of water before going to bed, that usually heads off the hangover for me. Course that doesn’t help when you get blackout drunk lol

The trick is to chug like 20oz of water before going to bed, that usually heads off the hangover for me. Course that doesn’t help when you get blackout drunk lol
All that does is make me get up every 2 hours to empty my bladder. And in doing so, I wake up, struggle to get out of bed, find the bathroom, fall down a few times hitting my head, stand up, miss the toilet a dozen times or all together and by the morning... yeah, what a mess. Then I wake up in the morning with a hangover headache from hitting my head on the way to bathroom.

IMG_20240822_195056791.jpg

This looks worse than it actually was. It was actually cleaner than the rest of the bottom of my car. However, someone either learned how to weld on this one or it was done on a Friday with only it between the welder and their beer. Ugly gobs of weld and welding wire all over the place. Looks much better now and will be better after POR15 and a couple coats of primer and paint.

That’s how both of mine were, they look like I welded them together lol

It used to be popular to reweld them, back when I first started into themn12 thing.

They all look like that. Id venture to say they were done by PLC welding robots.

As for re-welding; complete waste of time. If you calculate the tensile strength of the factory welds, they far exceed any forces they might be subjected to.

Yep, not concerned with the strength, just ugly. Should be much better by end of the day today.

They all look like that. Id venture to say they were done by PLC welding robots.

As for re-welding; complete waste of time. If you calculate the tensile strength of the factory welds, they far exceed any forces they might be subjected to.

PLCs welding Personal Luxury Coupes is apropos at least