Post a picture you took today

All the stuff they told us not to eat in the 70s turns out to be better for us than the alternatives. Eggs, Butter, cheese...
I KNOW, RIGHT?! Eat like a farmer and work just has hard. You'll live a long life. :p

Well, I wasn't around in the 70s, but I guess I'd be curious what those "alternatives" were.

Recently I watched a reality TV show. They selected a few pairs of identical twins. Each pair was put on a diet of identical calorie count, plus identical exercise regimens. One of the pair ate 100% plant-based, the other ate a conventional mixed diet.

Long story short, the plant-based diet has distinctive advantages in overall health, mood, alertness, etc.

On the other hand, a diet doesn't have to be entirely plant-based to achieve such benefits. I always say we're all vegans to an extent. If you have a meal with meatloaf, green peas, and mashed potatoes, you're basically two thirds vegan in that moment. I think people get turned off by diet concepts where they have to be 100% one thing or another.
"Meat and two veg" That's what they say. Our teeth are not carnivora teeth... we are plant based creatures. Guess the Anunnaki used apes for a reason.... :p

I buy the bread from the kroger deli; that plus butter, on either toasted slices, or a hunk I tear off the loaf, smothered in butter and nuked for 20 sec.
OMG! That is the BEST!

On a related note, I'd like to know when did going to dentist become more painful the ten rounds in the ring with Mike Tyson?

I swear I lose more blood at the dentist than I did in five years of working in the shop.

I broke a tooth last year, eating sweetarts, lol. had to get a crown.:(

Do you use a waterpik?

I used to bleed easily from my gums. Then I started using a waterpik twice daily after brushing, and my oral health drastically improved.
Sensodyne...

I broke a tooth last year, eating sweetarts, lol. had to get a crown.:(
OMG... My favorite Halloween candy! Best ever! You know Grog, you supposed to suck on them, not bite them.

THiS MOTHER FUCKER
Wow... that is what bit you? Holy Geez.... yeah, my words exactly.

"How many licks does it take to get to the center of a juicy pop" ?:)<crunch>

Screenshot_20240816-202920~2.png
I forgot my 96 was one of the "SVT"s.

You're fucked; you'll never get the computer to say its wrong.

You're fucked; you'll never get the computer to say its wrong.
Who cares if it's wrong? I'm not selling it so I don't.

I told y'all this on Tccoa years ago, and we talked about how there's a few that come up as this even though they shouldn't. I did it again cause I haven't insured or register the car in years and forgot it comes up as that, so I found it funny

The last time I talked to All-State was to cancel my insurance policy with that shitty company. Fuck them
I just canceled mine this week and switched to GEICO. I was paying $488 a month with them and they were gonna up it AGAIN.

geico matched the coverage and I'm paying $155 now.

Thats how this whole thing came up.

IMG_2429.jpeg

IMG_2430.jpeg

Mailbox broke off its post. It's been mounted on a crappy metal pole that has probably been in the ground since 1962. Figured now was a great time to move it to the other side of my sidewalk so now I'm digging. Dirt here is harder than a diamond in an ice storm.

Right now if I want to park on the street and not block the mailbox, I have to park across from the driveway across the street. This will make it so I can park on the street without blocking the mailbox, my sidewalk, or being in front of their driveway.

Mailbox broke off its post. It's been mounted on a crappy metal pole that has probably been in the ground since 1962. Figured now was a great time to move it to the other side of my sidewalk so now I'm digging. Dirt here is harder than a diamond in an ice storm.

Right now if I want to park on the street and not block the mailbox, I have to park across from the driveway across the street. This will make it so I can park on the street without blocking the mailbox, my sidewalk, or being in front of their driveway.
I have to dig as much up as I can, then soak the hole with water. Dig some more, soak, dig some more.... caliche is a b to dig through.

When I moved into our house, some DA kids went around baseball batting the mailboxes and mine was no exception. Cause I did not have much money back then, I used 2" PVC pipe for the post mounted in mud instead of cement. It's still there.

The PVC also takes the shock when the mailbox is hit and bends and sways on impact. Not bad for 30 years and 3 hits from DA kids.

I have to dig as much up as I can, then soak the hole with water. Dig some more, soak, dig some more.... caliche is a b to dig through.
That's what I'm doing too. There's gravel and asphalt in here too. I'm assuming our street was gravel at one point.

The PVC also takes the shock when the mailbox is hit and bends and sways on impact. Not bad for 30 years and 3 hits from DA kids.
The easy fix for this is a mailbox made of plate steel on an iron pipe post. The first time their metal bat hits it, they and their orthopedic surgeon will both know.

The easy fix for this is a mailbox made of plate steel on an iron pipe post. The first time their metal bat hits it, they and their orthopedic surgeon will both know.
We have not had any issues in years. I think the kids got caught by the police and that was the end of that.

That's what I'm doing too. There's gravel and asphalt in here too. I'm assuming our street was gravel at one point.
Frack, you are hard pressed to dig an inch an hour.... I would use a large hole drill, augur thingy, about 2" to make a deep hole in the ground where you want the mailbox. Then drop 1 dynamite stick in the hole, no more, no less. Light, run for cover and then you have your hole. Might be a bit big for your purposes, but that is what dirt filler is for. :p Best of luck on your project.