Post a picture you took today

I usually believe they're benevolent and stick to their nook, but that was just odd

There are two kind of spiders .. the ones who make webs and the hunters ( like wolf spiders ) .. no I don't think it was one of those pink ones - but I may have brought home a curse from the native American burial grounds .. I washed my work pants with some of the dirt in my pockets and my sink drain clogged up mysteriously. I think this was a common household spider; nothing too dangerous but getting bit over 20 times is not good either. There are several things that make these guys aggressive and overly active - hot temperatures like we've been having lately, and mating season. I have a pest control service spray my yard and some times when that happens the bugs go into fight or flight mode.

IT Guys .. :rolleyes2: ... all that computer shit wouldnt work without the fuckin air conditioner some asshole installed. Lets give them a round of applause.
LMAO! I spent many hours in server rooms that had better A/C than the offices. So, a thank you to the A/C dudes out there! :znanner:

This is a new HS/MS for about 2000 students which has 6 closets. This is the 2nd largest closet, the main closet for the middle school wing. The largest is the one for the main HS wing, then there's the main closet where all the fiber and core switch/router and servers lives, and finally three more small closets for the extracurricular wings.

The electricians were behind and didn't finish the MS closet until last night, so it was the last one for us to bring online and as such, we burned through all our "good" patch cables on the other 5 closets. We could cheat a little and put all the PoE/PoE+ stuff (cameras and APs) on a single switch, and mount it directly under the patch panel to use 1' patch cords (which we have an abundance of), but I don't like doing it that way because it puts a heavy PoE budget on a single switch - should it fail all the cameras and/or APs would go offline. If I distribute them evenly across the entire stack, it reduces the chances that everything goes down should one of the switches fail.

The new C9300L switches for this closet didn't come in yet, so I reconfigured some C2960X switches to fill in for this school year. Might as well order some more cable management stuff while we're at it. What's a couple grand against a $180M budget? :biggrin:
I worked at a Community College for 10 years, bounced around all the campuses and called several server rooms home (no wonder I have tinnitus). At one campus, a new one, my super wanted to put me in a trailer outside the main building and I was saying "not only NO, but HELL NO!" So I packed up my crap, put a desk and a chair in a cable closet on the 2nd floor and called it home.

There are two kind of spiders .. the ones who make webs and the hunters ( like wolf spiders ) .. no I don't think it was one of those pink ones - but I may have brought home a curse from the native American burial grounds .. I washed my work pants with some of the dirt in my pockets and my sink drain clogged up mysteriously. I think this was a common household spider; nothing too dangerous but getting bit over 20 times is not good either. There are several things that make these guys aggressive and overly active - hot temperatures like we've been having lately, and mating season. I have a pest control service spray my yard and some times when that happens the bugs go into fight or flight mode.
Like when you neighbor sprays for roaches and they all migrate to your house...

Hang in there, sounds pretty aggressive what you have. Time is your friend and lots of whatever medications and drugs you can find for comfort. I just got covid last week and am still waiting for it to clear. SOB. Life sucks sometimes, but that is why we have lemons.

Do I win some sort Dodge promotional contest spotting these within a week?

IMG_5574.jpeg
IMG_5545.jpeg

Beauty in the eye of the beholder? :unsure:

Joe

Like when you neighbor sprays for roaches and they all migrate to your house...

Hang in there, sounds pretty aggressive what you have. Time is your friend and lots of whatever medications and drugs you can find for comfort. I just got covid last week and am still waiting for it to clear. SOB. Life sucks sometimes, but that is why we have lemons.

Exactly. Everything is shit right now.

I ended up in the emergency room .. this infection has spread all over, it's extremely painful between my skin feeling like it's on fire, all of these blisters and the headache - it's all on one side from the top of my head to my neck. I've barely eaten for the last 3 days, hard to swallow.

Wife brought Covid home about two weeks ago - she's still doing bad, starting to regain taste - then my two sons got it ( they seem to have bounced back a lot faster ) .. I've still never had Covid and my daughter didn't catch it either.

I haven't been able to sleep for more than an hour at a time .. so I went outside last night at 2am, everything was fine. Went back out at 3am and noticed all of the tool boxes on my work truck wide open - thieves cut the locks off the boxes and stole ALL of my cordless power tools. Fuck.

I haven't been able to sleep for more than an hour at a time .. so I went outside last night at 2am, everything was fine. Went back out at 3am and noticed all of the tool boxes on my work truck wide open - thieves cut the locks off the boxes and stole ALL of my cordless power tools. Fuck.
Wow, you have it bad. I am rather surprised they don't have you in the hospital for observation. Hang in there and find something positive out of this experience.

I got bit by a black widow once, on the finger. I went to the hospital and they did not believe me and sent me home. we went back again and after about 8 hours, I passed out from the pain of the bite / poison. I was unconscious for about a day or so. When I woke up, I was fine. If you think there is antidote, there is, but they will only give it to you if your are almost dead. You can only have it once, if I understand what they were saying why they would not give it to me.

I am sorry to hear that someone thought your hard work was worthless and they don't want to work and decided that what was yours, is there's now. Cuttin' off balls comes to mind for ample punishment.

That sounds pretty bad. Yeah it's strange when you're in this extreme amount of pain and these doctors want you to sign some papers or expect you to have a reasonable state of mind to process these things. Ill sign anything, just give me some drugs. 🤔

Like I said in a previous post - I don't own these tools but I take responsibility for them. Normally they'd be kept in a box at a job site but I am between big projects right now and my next project starts in September.

The only thing I'm worried about is thieves stealing my SS - they've figured out a way to reprogram a key for this car in 30 seconds so vehicle thefts have been rampant over the last year. I have implemented a few security measures that would delay a car thief and set off my car alarm - should afford me some time to load a clip .. 😉

I keep my pistol under my pillow, mag loaded, camber empty. I figure, the sound of a round getting jacked into the camber is all the warning they get. And the machine pistol is beside the bed, with 4 30 round mags. .45ACP, jacketed, 230 grain hollowpoints. :)

Breaking into the house is a whole different level.

I mean as much as I'd like to shoot a thief dead in the street .. the criminals have more rights than property owners these days.

Yeah, it's crazy you can't shoot someone stealing, or population would not be a problem. ever,lol. Here, I can walk down the street with a full auto assault weapon with a 250 round magazine, and a silencer, as long as it's a legal gun, and pay the taxes and licenses. That's probably $40k, but in tn, you can walk around with it, no permit needed.

I keep my pistol under my pillow, mag loaded, camber empty. I figure, the sound of a round getting jacked into the camber is all the warning they get. And the machine pistol is beside the bed, with 4 30 round mags. .45ACP, jacketed, 230 grain hollowpoints. :)
Whatever happened to having a baseball bat under the bed?

Breaking into the house is a whole different level.

I mean as much as I'd like to shoot a thief dead in the street .. the criminals have more rights than property owners these days.
Oh, but you have to shoot them in your house or at least drag them into your house after the they are dead or injured, otherwise you could be liable.... :p

Oh, but you have to shoot them in your house or at least drag them into your house after the they are dead or injured, otherwise you could be liable.... :p

About that .. I have a friend who does funeral services. I built the refrigerator where he stores dead bodies. He told me all we need to do is swap a toe tag and drop them off at the crematorium. Problem solved. 😉

About that .. I have a friend who does funeral services. I built the refrigerator where he stores dead bodies. He told me all we need to do is swap a toe tag and drop them off at the crematorium. Problem solved. 😉
Nice. Now, you just need to catch the SOB's and some Sunday evening, take the bodies to the crematorium where the night shift (college student) could care less what you bring in, its burnt and GONE!

Last edited:
Full auto is not legal without a permit anywhere in the country. That's federal law. If it wasn't, I'd have one :headbang:
Never wanted any that was full auto....Shooting a 50 cal and M60 a time or two while I was in the Army was fun though... I'm too picky with my shots and shot placement and don't like wasting ammo. 🤣

Isn’t full auto tactically more practical for suppressing fire than actual damage in numbers? I remember watching a video on YouTube some time back with a guy shooting a full auto Uzi or Mac 10 and the 30 round magazine was empty before he could even switch targets. My takeaway was it’s not quite the forest clearing device with unlimited ammo video games and movies make them look like.

Last edited:
The first day I felt better after having Covid, I went out and finished the privacy fence I was building in the back yard.

Privacy Fence.jpg

The wife was tired of wondering if some day she would show up a YouTube video filmed by our neighbor.... (yes, we used to have a lawn, but it cost to much to water. Trying to decide what to do with it now).

We have a similar fence around the pool.
Is that by law? I know where I live, you have to have a 6ft fence covering the area of the pool so if someone jumps into your yard and falls in your pool and drowns... well, that is just their tough luck! Seriously, we have to have a 6ft fence encompassing a pool in the back yard.

I don't think its a law, but insurance companies require them. But I remember a 4' chain link being ok.

Replacement tools. I guess that's a good way to get brand new gear ( new vacuum, grinder, batteries, charger and sawzall at least ) .. the drill, impact and bandsaw are used. 🤔
Dang, that was fast! Glad you got your tools replaced.
But I remember a 4' chain link being ok.
That is easy to try and jump over, trip and end up head first into the pool.

Last edited: