Post a picture you took today

Are you coming along since the last visit?

Every day is better than the one before. I'm still getting headaches, among other things .. but all of the blisters are starting to scab over. 😬

I feel so fucking relieved right now .. since I found this.

I've been having a hard time sleeping and this is one of the reasons .. I'd wake up paranoid waiting for it to come back, and shake out my bed sheets .. it's been a living nightmare.

Last edited:
IMG_20240815_092118008.jpg
Doing an inspection on a new truck before intake.

I'm probably alone with this, but I'd really like to have the pre-facelift pushbutton style climate control in my car. I just prefer buttons over dials.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that would require a mechanical blend door driven by a cable.

I'm probably alone with this, but I'd really like to have the pre-facelift pushbutton style climate control in my car. I just prefer buttons over dials.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that would require a mechanical blend door driven by a cable.
You could probably pull one of those from a 50's car that had A/C.

Oh snap... I am thinking of Push Button automatic transmissions.... :p

The 89-93 head is WAY bigger than the 94-97 one, it’s not DIN sized. A cable operated manual blend door might actually work with the 94-97 heater box, I never tried it but I think it slots into the blend door keyway the same.

Likewise you might even be able to convert the 94-97 electric blend door to cable if you swapped the rheostat behind the middle knob for one off a Mustang or Taurus with the cable… OTOH Ford might have made the manual one electronic because there was no room to route a cable when they redesigned the dash. Plus the manual blend doors rarely fail

Oh and Fahrenheit > that commie Celsius 😝

Last edited:
You could probably pull one of those from a 50's car that had A/C.

Oh snap... I am thinking of Push Button automatic transmissions.... :p
One of my uncles had one of those; I asked "what happens if you push it while you're driving?"

It blows the trans, if you push reverse ,lol. He pushed it himself, I only asked,lol.

figuring out the connections might be possible with both models evtm. Aren't the satc cars electrical based and the vacuum based different?

figuring out the connections might be possible with both models evtm. Aren't the satc cars electrical based and the vacuum based different?
The vacuum system is identical with the lone exception of the addition of the cold engine lockout solenoid for SATC, which isn’t critical for operation (IMO)

I was amazed to find out that butter was a major part of the supplies carried by arctic, and Antarctic explorations. It as the highest calorie count of any food.
And it tastes better than margarine. we have been using butter for years.

Last edited:
I buy the bread from the kroger deli; that plus butter, on either toasted slices, or a hunk I tear off the loaf, smothered in butter and nuked for 20 sec.

All the stuff they told us not to eat in the 70s turns out to be better for us than the alternatives. Eggs, Butter, cheese...

Well, I wasn't around in the 70s, but I guess I'd be curious what those "alternatives" were.

Recently I watched a reality TV show. They selected a few pairs of identical twins. Each pair was put on a diet of identical calorie count, plus identical exercise regimens. One of the pair ate 100% plant-based, the other ate a conventional mixed diet.

Long story short, the plant-based diet has distinctive advantages in overall health, mood, alertness, etc.

On the other hand, a diet doesn't have to be entirely plant-based to achieve such benefits. I always say we're all vegans to an extent. If you have a meal with meatloaf, green peas, and mashed potatoes, you're basically two thirds vegan in that moment. I think people get turned off by diet concepts where they have to be 100% one thing or another.