Post a picture you took today

IMG_20240817_180553518.jpgIMG_20240817_180525299.jpgIMG_20240817_180503154.jpg
the black interior from my 90, and the spare crack free dash, is becoming available. Car is getting a cage in late October and the interior is getting stripped, and not reinstalled.
Want to see it go to someone instead of going in the trash, so I'm posting it now to get the word out. Tell your friends. Will let it go for a good price but also don't want to give it away. Was wanting $400 just for the dash a year or two ago. Wanting $500 OBO for everything. Seats not included. Located Central Jersey.
Dash is digital with a 10/10 VMM.

Last edited:
I finished my injector restoration project. Even put the injectors in a foam padded box for storage (or shipping).

Attachments

• 20240818_163830[1].jpg
    20240818_163830[1].jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
  • 20240818_170614[1].jpg
    20240818_170614[1].jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
IMG_2465.jpeg
A pleasant morning at church today.

IMG_2463.jpeg
Progress on the new mailbox. I've never used the chemical foam to set a post before. So far I'm impressed. It's in there solid and level.

IMG_2464.jpeg
Wife is back to baking sourdough. She tries to bake 3-4 loaves a week. We never have to buy bread when she does.

Something to help me move around the country here ;)
I found the way to modify the computer to get full torque and speed out of the motor.... Jerks when I take off now! LOL

1724091962731.png

I can't get my legs up as high as I used to swing them over the center bar. I wanted to get the 2 wheel powered bike, but was a bit more than I wanted to pay.

I found the way to modify the computer to get full torque and speed out of the motor.... Jerks when I take off now! LOL

View attachment 7187

I can't get my legs up as high as I used to swing them over the center bar. I wanted to get the 2 wheel powered bike, but was a bit more than I wanted to pay.
Same here sir, Maker even tells you how to override pre-programming and instant torque for sure. Being somewhat handicapped I have to be on my toes! 😯

Not one Dorman, if I were a rich man of luxury extravagances I’d have bought all of these OEM PI intakes 🧐

IMG_5621.jpeg

IMG_5622.jpeg
IMG_5624.jpeg

IMG_5625.jpeg

IMG_5626.jpeg

IMG_5616.jpeg

Also this Chevette roadster!

IMG_5634.jpeg

Last edited:
Some more junkyard randomness

T top

IMG_5639.jpeg

Targa bottom

IMG_5640.jpeg

Cobalt SS, I forgot these existed

IMG_5638.jpeg

G8

IMG_5635.jpeg

G0

IMG_5636.jpeg

Melting XJ

IMG_5614.jpeg

IMG_5613.jpeg

Big block Collonade Chevelle SS

IMG_5628.jpeg

IMG_5629.jpeg

IMG_5631.jpeg

True muscle car, has the prerequisite Dio cassette in the trunk

IMG_5633.jpeg

Oh man... I miss going to the yard. Been going since I was a kid with my dad. Thanks for sharing, brings back memories and reminds me to get off my arse and go buy some used parts!

Same here sir, Maker even tells you how to override pre-programming and instant torque for sure. Being somewhat handicapped I have to be on my toes! 😯
"Smart people screw with crap to make if faster and better"

Not one Dorman, if I were a rich man of luxury extravagances I’d have bought all of these OEM PI intakes

What are pick and pulls charging for them?
If you have the time you could probably make some money on them. Even used ones are probably going to get expensive.

Oh man... I miss going to the yard. Been going since I was a kid with my dad. Thanks for sharing, brings back memories and reminds me to get off my arse and go buy some used parts!

First time I’ve gone in almost a year,
my longtime favorite yard closed last year and MN12s have been scarce anyway but I always enjoyed the janky car show aspect of going.

What are pick and pulls charging for them?
If you have the time you could probably make some money on them. Even used ones are probably going to get expensive.

This place I think $40ish. I’m probably going back sooner than later, I found a nice leather wrapped steering wheel for my Focus today I really want to grab

It's interesting to play detective when rummaging. Like that Fbody: was it a donor with that mid-floor pan missing? Or was it a failed back-half drag project?

And those "Chevelles" are hideous!

How do women live like this?
I don't get it either. The inside of my wife's Lexus ES is always a mess. Sometimes I'll take it out to gas it up for her, it always ends up with me cleaning it out and vacuuming it. :facepalm:

It's interesting to play detective when rummaging. Like that Fbody: was it a donor with that mid-floor pan missing? Or was it a failed back-half drag project?

And those "Chevelles" are hideous!

I actually like the back end of the 73s, but yeah the front end and interior and a lot of other parts are clumsy at best. It blows my mind that those cars have a shorter wheelbase than our MN12s, they seem so massive by comparison. I bet some wide slot mags perked it up in its day!

As for the floorpans, it and that XJ seemed to be victims of it, so logic dictates that either two people are restoring XJs and 4th gen F bodies or were building drag cars out of them and failed. I don’t have a clue which is more likely since both are implausible lol

How do women live like this?

Fun fact: men too.

It's the approach to the automobile as (nothing other than) a use item.

I also hear some people justifying their dirty cars by saying that their car is the  one place where they can focus on themselves. Their commute is their me-time. So the car somehow represents a space where they're free from the expectation of cleanliness, etc., even though they're not messy people in general.

That photo doesn't even look that bad. It's worse if there are coins everywhere, which then get caught under the carpet or in seat tracks...