Post a picture you took today

Your carpet looks opal grey to me
I looked this up and my records show it was considered "Pumice" or "Champagne" for the exterior.

1722400761936.png

Compared to Opal Frost

1722400842216.png

This is my color codes from my VIN sticker. I can't seem to find much on line for finding the interior color from the VIN without having to pay for it.

20240721_172404.jpg

I think I have officially hijacked this thread....

Sinkhole at work .. started as a small indent in the asphalt pavement that dropped down about 6 feet. When they dug it up, this pipe underground was rusted out along the side. They have no idea where this pipe goes or came from .. 🤔

Another unsolved mystery from the Native American burial ground site .. 🤐
With all that rain you have had last year and this winter... all kinds of crap is going to start showing up... Like Volkswagen's from the early 1960 hippie retreats... :p

With all that rain you have had last year and this winter... all kinds of crap is going to start showing up... Like Volkswagen's from the early 1960 hippie retreats... :p

Way before my time. I think we recycled all those old bugs and turned them into green energy. 🤣

Yes we had a lot of rain - this particular jobsite is where 3 underground rivers converge. It also happens to be a flood plain .. 🤐 the thing about flood areas is they deposit silt. So when you dig deep enough to not find rocks, you start digging up bodies. All of the rocks on this site were imported; except for the river stones the natives used to line ceremonial pits ( fancy way of saying old BBQ ) 😉 We thought they were great to support our underground sewer pipes with until the archeologists told us they were special rocks. They wanted to save them so we started making a pile .. the pile got so big they don't know what to do with all of these rocks.

Pretty sure my brother's 94 had all 4 when he bought it. Cougar logo was in the lower outer corner, iirc. I think the tbird logo was centered in the lower portion. Not certain on that.
My '96 T-Bird is all original and very low miles and the factory carpeted floor mats in it has none at all. Just grey carpet.

I'm pretty sure Lazarus came with 4 floor mats, as an option on the window sticker.They're in a box in the basement, with the trunk carpet. :)
Can you still get a marti report?
My '96 T-Bird came with 4 floor mats too... matches the carpet color and thickness. I put clear vinyl mats over them to keep them looking new and reduce wear.

And that is ONE nice T-Bird too. You should be proud.
Thanks! I've had a 94, 95 and 97 previously and I love my '96. Very proud. Especially of the old fella who originally bought it in South Carolina and took REALLY good care of it and only drove it to Nascar races down there. Other than that it lived in a garage under a car cover. I could tell it was his pride and joy.😌

Be careful with the blower; 525 is safe in a 5.0; 600 is not. I've seen the same heads and blower on a dozen mustangs over the last 20 years; The wrecker guy mentioned it to me one day while he was giving me a ride home with Lazarus; I had broken a trans getting on the interstate to come home. Broke off the stator support. :zshrug: He drives by now, to share the carnage; he really hates mustangs.
He was happy to have someone to share with that hated mustangs as much as he does.
I did ask about 4.6's; he said when someone broke one, he'd bring it by. That was in 2010 or so...

I was thinking stroker. Nostalgically speaking I remember that intake on every other “5.0” mustang when I was a subscriber to Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords
A savvy marketplace watcher could piece together a centri setup cheaper. I'd prefer a stroker, which is why I'm building one, but the good thing is he could swap in a donor motor and go back to business versus spending another $6k on a short block. I'm assuming $12k on my 347.

A savvy marketplace watcher could piece together a centri setup cheaper. I'd prefer a stroker, which is why I'm building one, but the good thing is he could swap in a donor motor and go back to business versus spending another $6k on a short block. I'm assuming $12k on my 347.

For what he’s doing the heat of a blower will probably guarantee that a regular scenario. Not to mention Centris make their power up top, right at the RPM 5.0 blocks like to zipper. Strokers give lower RPM grunt where a 5.0 block is fairly safe.

I know I'm in the minority in this, but 500 should be plenty, for your sport, control is going to be key.
A reliable stroker, with an intake and cam, right gears,that is predictable and not peaky is the way to go.
but
Getting sucked into an engine build can get ridiculous.I'm the poster boy for that.

I was on my way home from a job site in a random area south of Atlanta when I saw Speedway Blvd on the GPS map. Took that turn and stumbled onto Atlanta Motor Speedway. You can get surprisingly close on the perimeter roads. Wish I could have took ol spicy rice out for a couple laps.

🤷‍♂️

20240731_143316.jpg

I also rolled 100k miles on that leg of the trip. Three and a half years and 100k, I still love the car. It's given me zero issues (although it's time for the 3rd windshield and a set of brakes).

20240731_184049.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going between a 331 and 347. 347s are cheaper, and obviously have more cubes, but 347s put the wrist pin in the oil ring.

I know I'm in the minority in this, but 500 should be plenty, for your sport, control is going to be key.
A reliable stroker, with an intake and cam, right gears,that is predictable and not peaky is the way to go.
but
Getting sucked into an engine build can get ridiculous.I'm the poster boy for that.
FD comp cars have 900-1200 HP. Further I get into this, the more power I'm gonna need. Won't be able to keep the 302 forever but for now it's cheaper.

Got my wife’s Bronco back from the body shop, it was a battle with the insurance company, they wanted to replace it all with aftermarket junk, but they lost that battle. lol. I got all Ford parts. 😁
We brought it to the body shop I used to work at years ago, the owner knows how OCD I am. 😂

IMG_1883.jpeg

I'm going between a 331 and 347. 347s are cheaper, and obviously have more cubes, but 347s put the wrist pin in the oil ring.
As long as it's rotating assembly is balanced and has a decent set of pistons, you won't have an issue. Tons of 347 out there with no issues.

As long as it's rotating assembly is balanced and has a decent set of pistons, you won't have an issue. Tons of 347 out there with no issues.
I'm not worried about the assembly coming apart, I'm worried about blowby and burning oil

These guys used a teflon puck to support the oil ring.
1722648650563.png1722648650563.png

That looks like it is more destined for failure than just leaving it!

Honestly, ever since the first time I tore apart a 347, I didn’t like anything about it. The wrist pin intrudes into the oil ring, the short deck limits the rod/stroke ratio which side-loads the piston and wears out the cylinder wall faster, and the block has to be notched at the bottom of the cylinders so the rod won’t hit the block. It is 10lbs or shit in a 5lb bag! A 331 gives you a little more displacement, but not enough to justify the cost of the stroker, and ultimately with the same head/cam/intake, a 302 will make the same hp, just at a higher rpm, and since the weak point of 302s isn’t the rods or the crank, or even the pistons, but the block, my philosophy is if you want power out of a 302 based motor, run a stock bottom end and spend your money on top end parts, and if you must have more cubic inches, step up to a 351 based block, then you can go up to 408” and 7-800hp on a stock block.

Lumbar as the only power option? That's got to be rare
Actually all 93-95 cougars came with lumbar standard, part of the appeasement for combining the previously high lux XR7 package and LS package together, and without the power passenger seat that particular side is more common than not for the model in that year range. Mercury dropped lumbar in 96-97(minus the 30th anny)

The driver side is the truly rare item. I’ve been trying to hunt down a manual track/lumbar/bolster trim plate for a literal decade

Weird. I can't remember what my brother's 94 had.

IMG_20240803_140112307.jpg

Are these speaker bases anything special? Or was that an addition to for the later door panel? Funny thing with these is there is an adapter to run the 5.5" (I think).

Unless the seats were swapped out it had it. VMMs were standard in all 94-95 Cougars too. Even the few super base models out there(hub caps, no power driver seat, manual locks, no defrost etc) will have lumber and a VMM

Don’t just take my word for it

IMG_5541.jpg

IMG_5542.jpg

IMG_5543.jpg