Post a picture you took today

Matt, If you're flush with cash, You could order gt lifters and followers, They're good for 10 psi.

Zep, normally I'd be all over a golf game on the boss 'dime, but dang, it's hot. Is he stocking the cooler?

92 here today, 97 tomorrow with a feels like 110. Upper 70' dew point sucks and I have to play golf for work. The only day I play golf and it has to be melt asphalt temp.

We’ve had a weird breeze here all day that feels hotter than the ambient temp. It’s like the Santa Ana winds Californians talk about

Matt, If you're flush with cash, You could order gt lifters and followers, They're good for 10 psi.
Yeah, I’m not lol It’s all good, when oil pressure actually matters at RPM it’s well past the other end of norm

Gotta love the easy feeling of the modded functional oil pressure gauge when it’s this hot out 🫣

View attachment 7318

You sure it's all good? In FL here, lowest I've seen mine go is about 12 oclock and that's after running it so hard the exhaust is crackling and brakes are starting to smell

You sure it's all good? In FL here, lowest I've seen mine go is about 12 oclock and that's after running it so hard the exhaust is crackling and brakes are starting to smell

I am curious to hook up a real mechanical oil pressure gauge to see what the actual pressures are, but no i’m not worried about it. On hot days with the AC running before the mod the gauge would vary, often reading below the n in similar conditions, - a simple on-off switch - there’s so many more variables on the stock circuit besides just oil pressure that effect the gauge it’s really a pay no mind matter.

Matt's fine guys. My 5.0 read 1psi on a digital gauge. That was at 270°. Engines still here and will drift again.

I was mostly making a joke. Plain bearings need5-12 psi so they don't gall, anything above that is gravy. and 1200, rofl. I could buy 4 4.6's for that.
But its easier than the other method of raising oil pressure, since he said he did the bearings.
Kenz, I hope you're not running that in your 4.6.I used that in my 300kmi subaru, and it was great; but our cams would die horribly.

I was mostly making a joke. Plain bearings need5-12 psi so they don't gall, anything above that is gravy. and 1200, rofl. I could buy 4 4.6's for that.
But its easier than the other method of raising oil pressure, since he said he did the bearings.
Kenz, I hope you're not running that in your 4.6.I used that in my 300kmi subaru, and it was great; but our cams would die horribly.

In reality I’d just go back to a 2V(with cams and longtubes).

BTW. I kept getting blurry pics but note my volt gauge sitting at the light. With an electric oil pressure gauge this is a bit of a contributor to its readings(yay underdrive pulleys lol)

IMG_5690.jpeg

Last edited:
I can't find my radiator hoses, lol. I'm going to have to order some from ra. :( I just gotta remember the lower is for a mustang, lol.

Did you have to cut any hood bracing to fit the SC? It looks original to me.
Just removed the hood insulation. Clears just fine. Though I'll probably hammer the crossmember that goes above the alternator. It's pretty close.

Gordo, I'm waiting on the blower install vid.
Tork tek has a kit for the 2v...
:)

"But wait, there's more!"

<chuckle>

Attachments

• Black fender cover.jpg
    Black fender cover.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 10
I'm recovering from a stroke; I've been assembling a head since january, and I'm almost halfway done.:rolleyes2:
I needed a blower about as much as I needed another hole in my head. The wheels look awesome!
I bought the blower on ebay, then the price of the 4v basket went from 400 to900, and I dropped it for a few years. :)
I'd take that blower apart, and check and measure everything. I'll pm you the listing, if its still in my purchase history.
You'll need the basket/intercooler, a intercooler circulation pump/tank, bigger injectors, and a tune. :)

BTW, don't waste your time running
the wires for the knock sensor, unless you want to upgrade to a 2004 mach 1 or later eec. Our eec sux.

here too!
Matt, I'm going to have to come up and go for a bar crawl!

Its 98 today. I went out yesterday and worked on the red one, until the mosquitoes descended on me; flying piranha, more like.

Yep, just working in my garage and they come in start harassing me... it is bad this year. We already had one west Nile case that killed a woman not far from her.