Post a picture you took today

I love that, car stylists tend to go out of their way to hide the mechanical bits but stuff like that always seemed like engineers revenge 😆

That’s why I love Cougars and LXs more than SCs, I can see half the IRS on every one of them!

You can just barely see the mark lcas on Lazarus. They're painted bright translucent blue.:) I polished the aluminum first, of course.

Now that I have the car running like it should, I removed the cold air intake and put the factory air intake back in.

Attachments

• Cold Air.jpg
    Cold Air.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 10
  • OEM Air Intake.jpg
    OEM Air Intake.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 15
The oem inlet tube is a cold air intake. Unless the cone was mounted in the fenderwell, it was a hot air inlet.

My cold air intake went under the engine air filter mounting, mounted behind the charcoal canister. I had to remove the inside fender well to change or clean the filter. Gets old after a while.

Attachments

• Air filter.jpg
    Air filter.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 13
The oem inlet tube is a cold air intake. Unless the cone was mounted in the fenderwell, it was a hot air inlet.
Yes it is. It is more restricted than using just an open filter inside the fender well, but is designed to force air from outside up through the filter and into the intake. (and its a PITA to remove and restore)

Last edited:
Yes it is. It is more restricted than using just an open filter inside the fender well, but is designed to force air from outside up through the filter and into the intake. (and its a PITA to remove and restore)

Restrictive is relative to what the engine itself can actually flow. For a 4.6 (including PI and DOHC) let alone a 3.8 the stock airbox really isn’t a hindrance to airflow. A supercharged coyote, yeah, it’s probably inadequate, but for stock applications it’s basically a net zero as far as performance gain.

Having said that I have a hot air intake with a heat shield and it looks cool, so do what you will lol

Restrictive is relative to what the engine itself can actually flow. For a 4.6 (including PI and DOHC) let alone a 3.8 the stock airbox really isn’t a hindrance to airflow. A supercharged coyote, yeah, it’s probably inadequate, but for stock applications it’s basically a net zero as far as performance gain.

Having said that I have a hot air intake with a heat shield and it looks cool, so do what you will lol
Ha and LOL! I agree and why I put the old air intake back in. No reason wasting a lot of pulling and putting back the cold air filter when the OEM pretty much already does what it needs to for a 3.8. Thanks XR7.

(pretty cool using ABS pipe for the air duct though.... :p )

Ha and LOL! I agree and why I put the old air intake back in. No reason wasting a lot of pulling and putting back the cold air filter when the OEM pretty much already does what it needs to for a 3.8. Thanks XR7.

(pretty cool using ABS pipe for the air duct though.... :p )

I used a toilet pipe coupler on mine lol

My thing is how “puffy” they are. My first Cougar was almost a 74 with a Landau top but the vinyl was basically in the same plane with the sheetmetal roof, which looked ok, the MN12 treatments with the fiberglass cap protrude, which for me really spoils the lines.
I had a 74 XR7..... 351 cleaveland, C6. Medium Slate Blue Metallic with white vinyl landau roof. Blue interior with bucket seats. Loved that car.

A rubber flex coupling most often used when joining two pipes of different material (e.g. PVC to ABS, cast iron to PVC etc.). Sometimes called a "fernco" after one of the manufacturers.

1725664840157.png

Talk about shock value.... "Say WHAAAATTT?!"

I’m using a Mark VIII air tube which from the factory connects not to a MAF(as conventional) but an airbox with the MAF inside a resonance chamber, which means the air tube opening is like 100mm! I installed a 90mm lightning MAF and to fill the gap between the tube and MAF a chunk of toilet pipe coupler fit the bill perfectly 😆

IMG_4601.jpeg

I’m using a Mark VIII air tube which from the factory connects not to a MAF(as conventional) but an airbox with the MAF inside a resonance chamber, which means the air tube opening is like 100mm! I installed a 90mm lightning MAF and to fill the gap between the tube and MAF a chunk of toilet pipe coupler fit the bill perfectly 😆

View attachment 7578
With an engine like that... yeah, you need massive air flow. Pretty car!

Thanks! We're taking that car, the Coug, the Skylark, and the '65 C10 out for the annual Rods & Hogs cruise tomorrow.
Take lots of pics!
And the tool chest looks really nice. Anal people must having matching socks....

:coffee:

I meant to post this yesterday, but forgot about it.

1725725885535.png

Tasca Ford car show. There was one other MN12 there, didn’t care for the vinyl top.
View attachment 7614View attachment 7615

Nice looking Bird you have! I usually like the 96-97 Tbird front end better, but the earlier bumper style fits really well with the look of yours...

and at least that white SC won't have issues with the rear windshield seal warping :LOL: