Post a picture you took today

"After insurance totals your car, go to the yard that has it and buy it back"

For parts at least. Damn parts are getting harder and harder to find. Busted a hub cap and only found one on eBay for $10.
In fairness as long as I’ve been part of the MN12 world the center caps for XR7/sport 7 spoke wheels have always been on the scarce list. I do However agree, finding general parts which used to be as cheap and as common as dirt have rapidly evaporated in the last several years.

That's my buddy Nick Dominick's Maverick. It's name is Spooky. He's in the Maverick/Comet car club I'm in. It is a wicked ride. He even Jack's it up in his garage and waxes the frame. Drives the hell out of it too.
That is an awesome car.

You have an inner marker light out. 😜
It has been weeks and weeks of nonstop tbird work over here in between all my normal work. Ill let the kid replace the bulb. Actually i think it needs a new socket.

IMG_3659.jpeg

IMG_3660.jpeg

Cleaning and seasoning a new Blackstone. This one will be for race weekends. I've used a Weber Kettle for years camping at Daytona but finally got tired of waiting for charcoal to warm up.

It has been weeks and weeks of nonstop tbird work over here in between all my normal work. Ill let the kid replace the bulb. Actually i think it needs a new socket.

You can take the socket apart and solder wire to the terminal if it’s fraying, had to do it to one of my corners a few years ago(which is when I took the opportunity to daisy chain the turn signal wire to the inboard park lamps too)

Hopefully LS swapped ;)

I would also like to report that your oil pressure looks fine at 70F ambient temps. You will have to remind me how to get the outside temp reading to stay on all the time on the climate control panel.

I put in a relay in the normally closed pins across the O/T button terminals on the circuit board. I forget which circuit I used to energize the coil but it opens the circuit in all knob positions but off.

It only works on some heads though, the one I have in stock form you can keep the temp display on as long as you hold the button. Other heads will cancel it after like 5 seconds, so you’d need a more elaborate circuit than just a relay to make that work

I never knew how much I'd like all the new tech until I got it, and now I love it. I definitely like the black and white together as well...

Attachments

• 20241005_193325.jpg
    20241005_193325.jpg
    633.5 KB · Views: 9
Speaking of ST's... I finally got my revised Focus ST clutch kit back from Competition Clutch/Comp 1 Clutch.

1728259730194.jpeg

1728260044992.jpeg

1728259804331.jpeg

1728260211961.jpeg

1728259909447.jpeg

1728259763622.jpeg

1728260249420.jpeg

Old design disc set that locked up the trans on right and newer design that was supposed to not lock up the trans left and center but it did.
Wasted three slaves and sucked to drop reinstall after a quadruple bypass.

1728260735934.jpeg

1728260912634.jpeg
Wasted slave in forefront and the one that was about to get wasted after the 2nd try in back.

1728261041183.jpeg
I have a RS slave now and almost ready to install it all again.

1728261145368.jpeg

The friend that was helping me with the previous installs passed away so I'll be going at it alone this time. Shooting for around 5 hundy at the wrong wheels.

1728261349272.jpeg

1728261444637.jpegThe trans was built by Jack's transmissions in CO, I added a LSD to the mix and all the goodies. The Sham filter was for the first startup.

-Scott

Thanks, it's an 18 sport, tsw sebring wheels, blacked out all chrome, steeda intake, cpe intercooler, aluminum charge pipes and a tune. Should be a little over 450hp now, if weather holds out for next Friday I'll see how far into the 12s it will go...

Forgive me if you’ve already said, but are you going to rebuild that engine or replace it?
The plans are loose at the moment, but it looks like we'll be able to rebuild this block to keep it numbers matching (the VIN is stamped on the block) with TrickFlow heads, roller cam conversion, and aftermarket fuel injection. I have a '90 XR7 that we'll pull the AOD out of to replace the original C4 (after I rebuild the AOD). I also have a line on a 9" rear axle that I'll likely need to narrow to fit; won't know until I get it and measure it.

Started cleaning parts today.

IMG_6908.jpg

Not today, but yesterday. I took the boy to a park ~20min away that has a public accessible pond so he could drive his RC boat.

1728273618603.png

I spy a RX7 from my XR7

View attachment 8058

Beautiful RX-7 FD! These are rarer than MN12s these days.

Hopefully LS swapped ;)

Hopefully not! Why would one take the heart and soul out of such a beautiful car? I hate it when people take out the rotary away from FBs, FCs, and FDs.

Think of it this way. Would you pull the engine out of an MN12 and replace it with a K24 or J35 engine?

and sucked to drop reinstall after a quadruple bypass.

Man, sorry to hear man.

The friend that was helping me with the previous installs passed away

And this part is the kicker of your story here. I hope it all works out this time around for you.

Hopefully not! Why would one take the heart and soul out of such a beautiful car? I hate it when people take out the rotary away from FBs, FCs, and FDs.

Think of it this way. Would you pull the engine out of an MN12 and replace it with a K24 or J35 engine?
Eeeeeeazy big fella. I put the little winky smiley face next to my quote to indicate it was in jest. ;)