Post a picture you took today

I mean, ya, why swap it to make more power and double the reliability😂

Speaking of ST's... I finally got my revised Focus ST clutch kit back from Competition Clutch/Comp 1 Clutch.

View attachment 8110

View attachment 8115

View attachment 8112

View attachment 8116

View attachment 8114

View attachment 8111

View attachment 8117

Old design disc set that locked up the trans on right and newer design that was supposed to not lock up the trans left and center but it did.
Wasted three slaves and sucked to drop reinstall after a quadruple bypass.

View attachment 8119

View attachment 8120
Wasted slave in forefront and the one that was about to get wasted after the 2nd try in back.

View attachment 8121
I have a RS slave now and almost ready to install it all again.

View attachment 8122

The friend that was helping me with the previous installs passed away so I'll be going at it alone this time. Shooting for around 5 hundy at the wrong wheels.

View attachment 8123

View attachment 8124The trans was built by Jack's transmissions in CO, I added a LSD to the mix and all the goodies. The Sham filter was for the first startup.

-Scott
Is that silicone hose on the exhaust?

Time for coil cleaner and a pressure wash. Cheap fix, imho.

Uh yeah I think it’s beyond a coil cleaner fix lol

I fixed it proper, new condenser, accumulator, vacuumed oiled and charged. Ice cold, just in time for the season change 😆

IMG_5899.jpeg

And while I was there since I had to remove the airbox to disconnect the trans cooler lines(integrated to the top third of the condenser) I deleted the air silencer, of course lol

IMG_5900.jpeg

We actually saw the Northern Lights here last night too. I was in the basement fixing the dryer when our son texted us on his way home with some pics. Fortunate that he did or we would have missed them. These were a couple of the better pictures I was able to get. My wife was pretty excited because she's wanted to see them for as long as I remember.
IMG_3052.jpgIMG_3039.jpgIMG_3028.jpg

But please park less shittily. Makes us all look bad.

I’ve seen worse, I hate to automotively stereotype but certain cars with a 3 letter name… that starts with a B… makes that a textbook parking job for our times!

This is probably my OCD but I never leave the wheels pointing in a direction other than straight when I park. Even when I get in the mood to take glamour shots I have to mentally force myself to turn the wheels for the shot lol

There's tons of stuff around here, honestly surprised at all the stuff going on. In 2 weeks there will be the last Dayton cars and coffee, that one always brings in a couple thousand cars...this was tonight at the local Quaker Steak. Last one of the year, my dad and I got to park together. 20241013_184900.jpg

Another Rustang.

IMG_5923.jpeg

I mean holy shit! I haven’t seen a car with trunk lid edge rust like that since 70s cars! Ford was really thorough with the retro vibes in this generation! SN95/new edges never rust this bad, such poseurs!

So for those who remember my initial introduction on the TSTSNBN, there were a few things about my car which seemed "odd".

One of these things were airbag warning labels applied  over existing warning labels.

Well, on this Mark VIII I was looking at, also a '97, also a late '96 build date, I found the same oddity. Now I wonder if some 97s had some sort of recall for this label (?).

20241014_123043.jpg

There was in early 1997. With the introduction of second-generation airbags and dual-stage inflators, people assumed it was now safe for kids to ride in the front seats. It wasn't and dozens of kids were killed by them in the mid-90s.

The government decided they would standardize both the warning labels and their placement in the vehicle. It took effect for MY1997, but by the point it was enacted, MY1997 cars had already began production. Recalls were issued and warning labels were installed by the dealers. Our 1997 Taurus Wagon was part of it and had these new labels fitted at its first service.

Now they're still the same but most automakers use tri-lingual labels for all three languages spoken in North America. Here's the one in my Edge.

IMG_3886.jpeg

As someone who is fluent in French, "des sacs gonflables" is funny to say. Literally translated, it means "the inflatable sacks".