Post a picture you took today

I always heard Tbirds were more popular in the west coast too, which makes some sense. The price difference between the two wasn’t very different but the demographic was

1729370388851.png
Took the Niner out for a romp in the N. GA mountains (Talking Rock Nature park)

1729370593667.jpeg
Morimoto 1Banger LED Pods work rather well. I'm going to bring them down a bit once I get some brackets made. Matched with a set of GTR Ultra Series 2.0 LED 9006'rs they make a nice sammich .

1729371051135.jpeg
Back in the mix on Nitro Nix.

1729371351869.png
I thought I was tripping when I met Louie, the Gnome.

-Scott

Gnomes love bikes too! In my town where I grew up, one of the retired city guys used to ride a 350 Honda around town with his poodle sitting on the tank, full helmet and leathers. I think of the dog when I see your boys dressed up Scott.

Gnomes love bikes too! In my town where I grew up, one of the retired city guys used to ride a 350 Honda around town with his poodle sitting on the tank, full helmet and leathers. I think of the dog when I see your boys dressed up Scott.
IMG_0600.jpg

Buzz3.png

Santaleo2.JPG

Leonard is a star for the kids at Halloween.

Boxer_1539858738.788310_asset.JPG
Jawa is not having it.

I just let wifey do her thing and they get treats so it's all good.

Deer grazed me on the way home last night. First deer incident in over 30 years of driving. Damage could have been much much worse. Now I'm on the hunt for replacement body panels. I have a tail light coming so I can at least drive it. Going to be a struggle to find a quarter panel in the right color, but gold was one of the more popular wagon colors. Front fender should be somewhat easier to find since the sedan and wagon share the same part.

IMG_3055.jpg

IMG_3056.jpg

All I saw was a deer charging full steam across the road (55mph and I was doing 65) about a split second before he contacted me and then a crack and it was over. It was about 1030 at night and I was just past town and getting into the farm and cornfield area. I slowed and tried to swerve, but there was no avoiding it even with my cat like reflexes. I'm guessing his face bore the brunt of the damage.

Had a couple minor brushes with deer myself. Many near misses, too. I was always interested in that Saturn plastic clad car system. GM went through a phase with front fenders. Didn't recall Ford doing that so much.

The reality is if I were to get body damage in any of our cars, the Saturn is probably the best. All of the exterior panels just unbolt/unclip and you can replace them. Parts are still relatively available. As long as there isn't any damage to the shell underneath then it is fine. I had to do the same thing to my old '95 Saturn wagon years ago after some idiot sales rep backed into the passenger quarter panel on that car.

I think the Fiero was the prototype platform for the plastic body panels. I do recall seeing some similar era Buicks with plastic front fenders. I don't know of any other plastic panel cars out there, but I'm sure there are some.

Didn’t 4th gen F bodies have mostly plastic panels? Maybe not the quarters but I don’t think I’ve ever seen one with dents or (visible) rust

Yeah, they had fiberglass hoods and SMC fenders and door skins, but still had steel quarter panels.

That’s what I thought. It’s kind of crazy but the 4th gens still aren’t that uncommon here after so many years and they all mostly look ok on the outside apart from some paint fade/peeling. 5th gen Camaros otoh seem to have the nasty wheel well rot I only commonly saw on 80s and prior cars