What did you do with your Thunderbird Today?

he gears were the same on my subaru, with the same experiences hitting reverse. I never let the clutch out, lol.

Finished installing the rear Cobra brake rotors. Really happy how they look! Most importantly the hand parking brake is much stronger.
Pulling the handbrake now will actually hold the car on a hill and it is capable of slowing the car down to a stop if needed.

Unsure what part of the rear brakes was not working properly before. But after replacing everything and installing the bigger rotors it's night and day improvement. I installed Wagner Thermoquiet Semi metallic pads, and used Bosch coated rotors.

cougar brakes.jpg

cougar brakes 2.jpg

I bought this car in the spring of 2022, and the UCAs/LCAs were swapped a month later by a shop using TRW parts; they do not have grease fittings.

The TRW control arm assembly may have used a cheap aftermarket ball joints. It's common now that even the better brand suspension parts for our cars are just cheap junk parts thrown into a brand relabeled box. Motorcraft and MOOG have been doing it for several years

The old stock USA made TRW ball joint holds up very well... they have a clear boot.

1728781367430.jpeg

Replaced the heater core. Been by-passed since March. With cooler weather coming and a/c dying this summer it had to be done. Removing old one was a B1tch. Had to get rough w/ it.
20241012_183045.jpg