Post a picture you took today

If it was a bad decision, you'd have road rash by now, lol. Looks totally awesome; good condition, no unnecessary attachments.

I'd find a service manual online, and do all the recommended maintenance. You never know where the maintenance is at.
so, that's a 74 harley, fhm.? :)

I'd find a service manual online, and do all the recommended maintenance. You never know where the maintenance is at.
so, that's a 74 harley, fhm.? :)

03 Honda, first Japanese vehicle I’ve ever owned :innocent:

I got a bunch of pdfs and diagrams, the thing is stupid simple, tires are brand new I’m gonna change the fluids regardless but it’s a peach 14k miles and I talked the seller down a good amount.

I love how old school choppery it looks, I used the lack of front fender to negotiate but I don’t give a fuck, I’m not riding it in the rain lol I am gonna repaint the gas tank red though

Look on dennis kirk or ebay, you can get a rear fender. It leaves a stripe up our back otherwise.
Are you happy with your gear? I love the sportster look. but Honda's don't vibrate themselves to pieces, and drip oil everywhere. It being a new Honda, I wouldn't have any qualms at driving it to CA to watch the sunset. It takes a few rides before you get used to your helmet, gloves, and boots. Please wear your jacket, at least for the first month.

Look on dennis kirk or ebay, you can get a rear fender. It leaves a stripe up our back otherwise.
Are you happy with your gear? I love the sportster look. but Honda's don't vibrate themselves to pieces, and drip oil everywhere. It being a new Honda, I wouldn't have any qualms at driving it to CA to watch the sunset. It takes a few rides before you get used to your helmet, gloves, and boots. Please wear your jacket, at least for the first month.

I’m still looking for a helmet but I’m not rolling without until then, my boots jacket gloves etc are all good stuff. Maybe not 80mph durable but I’m not taking this thing on interstates til I’m ready

Forgot the obligingly mn12 pic with it!
Do I spy an Alpine head unit? I just ordered 4 Alpine 6*8's today. Held off on the stereo for now, as that can be easily installed later. Amazing how cheap they are compared to 1999...

Do I spy an Alpine head unit? I just ordered 4 Alpine 6*8's today. Held off on the stereo for now, as that can be easily installed later. Amazing how cheap they are compared to 1999...

Yeah it’s a 164bt I got on closeout during my engine swap. Very nice head unit for the money

I wish I'd ordered one of those, when they were available. The decks with the same features are 2000+

I like it. Get the bars the way you want, adjust the shocks, see if the seals on the forks are leaky, etc. Some forks have air valves, my dirt bike does. :)
I replaced the fork seals on the street bikes, because they were all leaving oil rings on the shaft. DK had those. Shock issues can make a bike unstable. I will mention, if you ever get high speed wobble, where the bike starts shaking the fork side to side, slide your weight as far back as you can reach, and accelerate out of it. Then, when it quits, get somewhere, hit the brakes hard, and clean your underwear out. you'll want to stop, believe me. I've had that happen twice, on two different bikes. My red bike, I went wast enough to make the front tire off the rim, I had converted properly to tubeless. :) about 140, the front tire went flat.

:)

I'd actually drive to a harley shop; they usually have various versions of hangers.

edit, Id use the car, lol. yu can replace the fork oil with thicker oil, if you want more damping. Dirt bike 5 weight, street bikes 20.
But 14"travel vs 4", lol. The dirt bike also gets 4psi of air

Last edited:
Lastly, my across-the-street neighbor's house is being sold. The guy died and his sister is now selling it. I'm pretty sure the guy died in the house as the guy had an in-home nurse that would visit him every morning. The nurse would show up every day and be there before I left for work. One day, there was a whole commotion of fire trucks and ambulances coming down our block at like 5am. As I was leaving for work at 6:45-ish, the only EMS vehicles left was an ambulance and a police officer. The police officer being on the scene is the reason why I think the guy died.

Anyway. The house is for sale now. It was posted to MLRS today and they're apparently asking $400k for it. It's not exactly in great shape, but it's definitely livable. For a first time buyer, it'd be a good home. More than likely though, this is going to get flipped by someone.

I'd love to buy the house and work on it, but I don't have the money to just buy it. I'd have to sell my house to have that kind of capital for a good down payment. I can rent my house out, but it still wouldn't be enough with today's housing market as a buyer.

View attachment 5949

View attachment 5953
How much would a place like that rent for in your city?

View attachment 5985

Brown recluse ?? 🤔 idk two of these quarter size motherfuckers crawled out of the dirt where I was working. Yesterday we found a snake and the day before a baby rattler .. 😬
Looks like this

Looks like this

I'd say you are correct. 👍

According to the article "Spiders in this genus are often misidentified as the brown recluse spider of the genus Loxosceles due to similarities of coloration, body proportions, leg length, and even leg positioning prior to movement."

I need to borrow one of those, to see if it's worthwhile to get the red bike running. I have to rebuild 4 carbs, and if I can't ride, it's a lot of work to go thru.

If I know I can rent out my house for $2,000 easy, then this place, my guestimate, is somewhere around $2,600 - $2,800
That doesn't quite work as a rental. You'd need to be in the $3200 range at current interest rates.

Not all today, over the last week.

Have new LCAs installed, along with a rebuilt rag joint and reman steering rack. 6 new tires mounted, 6 more on stand by. Also washed the car, which I haven't done in about two months, and finally cleaned up the headlights. Which I did using acetone and a paper towel. IMG_20240608_115323451_HDR.jpgIMG_20240615_125610463.jpgIMG_20240615_202539391_HDR.jpgIMG_20240615_202557495_HDR.jpg
And the smashed taillight is good as new!

Those look nice, where did you source them?

Those look nice, where did you source them?
The arms? They are the extended arms from Jarvis Built. These he welded in some angle iron along the body (previously unmodified) as a test to see if it'll help with them bending.

Looks good, how's it sound now? The old exhaust tips are less fake than lots of cars on the road now. Even Audi are molding fake exhaust tips into the bumpers these days.