Post a picture you took today

Looks good, how's it sound now? The old exhaust tips are less fake than lots of cars on the road now. Even Audi are molding fake exhaust tips into the bumpers these days.

How do those new muffler sound compared to the old? That’s a really unique design. I’m not seeing anything like that before.

I think it sounds better. The factory XSE exhaust is basically silent in the cabin and this gives a bit more sound. It's not too buzzy or raspy. I didn't want it to sound too ricey so I opted for this versus a muffler delete or some sort of aftermarket setup. I was told that cutting the resonators off would make it louder (the chambers at the mufflers), but again I'm not looking for fart-pipe sounds. It is the v6 not the 4cyl - but it's no v8 and I'm not looking for attention. I just wanted a little more sound and single tips. Picked this up on marketplace as a take-off from a 22 TRD Camry with 1200 miles and well under my anticipated budget.

Here's a clip (not my car obviously)

My boy (10) likes to count spoilers on cars.

Like, all spoilers. Everything from fully functional spoilers like on the RS3/RS4 to dinky aesthetic only spoilers found on Nissan Versa.

He even uses my clicker I bought for other counting tasks, lol.

Kids (and parents) have it way too easy these days...
Are we there yet?
Thanks to GPS you can tell them EXACTLY how far you are from your destination and EXACTLY how long it will take to get there from your current position. You can even show them on the digital map EXACTLY where you are in relation to your destination. My oh, my how things have changed from the days of picking up free state maps at the state line welcome centers or ordering up a trip route plan from AAA. I even remember the days of the Good Sam's Auto Club offering free coffee and chocolate at the interstate rest centers. Ah, those were the days. Yes, kids these days are ruint!

We used to play "doodle bug punch!" They were so rare, when We saw one we would punch each other. ( in the arm, but things often escalated, lol.

Yup! Punch bug, I spy with my little eye... , counting license plates from different states .... those were the days.

Mid 60's, in my case. Then my older sis bought one, and mom called a halt. They traded a Mercury Comet 429 Caliente, for it, and a bunch of cash.

The truck needed waxing and the better half took it away today for work, it came home like this :)

I wish they made small utility trucks like this these days. Granted I'm not looking but it seems you can't find anything smaller than what an F150 used to be!

the maverick would be nice if they didn’t waste all the potential bed space on a stupid crew cab. I still think the Ranchero/ElCamino/Ute concept is the best

My boy (10) likes to count spoilers on cars.

Like, all spoilers. Everything from fully functional spoilers like on the RS3/RS4 to dinky aesthetic only spoilers found on Nissan Versa.

He even uses my clicker I bought for other counting tasks, lol.
My son and I on road trips play “The alphabet game”. There are 2 variations, one where it is a competition to find all the letters of the alphabet in order, first to complete it wins. The other variation is one person finds a word, then the other person has to find a word that starts with the last letter of that word, and back and forth until someone gives up.

We always played the license plate game. Number of different states we could spot. We'd also count the number of different counties we could spot on Tennessee tags.

Now I collect license plates. Go figure.

The best small truck is an 80's Ranger Pickup with a 2300 engine. Unless you swap in a v-8, lol.
My neighbor had a Chevy S10 with a corvette block. It defined "good exhaust sound"

My friend in Maryville is currently selling a 2.3L 5MT if you're looking. :rofl:

The best small truck is an 80's Ranger Pickup with a 2300 engine. Unless you swap in a v-8, lol.
My neighbor had a Chevy S10 with a corvette block. It defined "good exhaust sound"

The Cologne 'OHV' 4.0 V6 is good too. Not so much the OHC

After I rebuilt The chevy-6, I think I'm biased against them. :)

After I rebuilt The chevy-6, I think I'm biased against them. :)

The Chevy 6 (the one I’m thinking your thinking of …vortech) has its issues, but the Ford Cologne oh V6 is a strong long life motor; very simple very reliable.

Just a few pieces for the SC. At 31 years old the trim behind the door handles are broken along with the switch panels. My original ones were gray but I figured a couple of black pieces would blend in just fine. Also my original alternator caught on fire recently so this is the replacement rebuilt by a local family owned starter/alternator shop.

Attachments

• 20240616_145350.jpg
    20240616_145350.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
  • 20240616_145342.jpg
    20240616_145342.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 7
  • 20240616_145326.jpg
    20240616_145326.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
Just a few pieces for the SC. At 31 years old the trim behind the door handles are broken along with the switch panels. My original ones were gray but I figured a couple of black pieces would blend in just fine. Also my original alternator caught on fire recently so this is the replacement rebuilt by a local family owned starter/alternator shop.

Those switch plates were improved by the 93s, much more robust. Black is fine, that’s what they were on the 89-90s

Those switch plates were improved by the 93s, much more robust. Black is fine, that’s what they were on the 89-90s
They definitely went through some revisions. There are some that mount with screws at the top. Some that have metal wrapped skins over the plastic panel with the mounting hole at the top or without. Some that are all plastic with no metal skin and no upper mounting hole. Both of these are the last version. All plastic. No metal skin. No mounting holes.