Post a picture you took today

A leftover piece of wood trim...

In case anyone was wondering how they make wood trim for cars, 99% of the time it is applied over an aluminum base.

Here you see the base, then a layer of wood plus a thin fancy veneer, and finally a thick layer of translucent lacquer.

In very few cases, such as that Mercedes piece I used for one of my shift bezel attempts, you have wood only without a metal base. I haven't personally seen any wood over a plastic base, but I believe some newer Lincolns may have that.

Then of course there's simulated wood trim, which is made in an entirely different way, usually by hydro printing over plastic.

20240629_192509_resized.jpg20240629_192514.jpg

My wife and I picked up her new car today 2 states away, it was a good deal we couldn’t pass up. 2022 Bronco big bend. Well, not even 2 hours into our drive back home a deer decided to run across the highway and run into the side of it as we were traveling about 68 mph. The whole right side is damaged, as you can imagine we’re pretty pissed.

IMG_1696.jpeg

IMG_1700.jpeg

My wife and I picked up her new car today 2 states away, it was a good deal we couldn’t pass up. 2022 Bronco big bend. Well, not even 2 hours into our drive back home a deer decided to run across the highway and run into the side of it as we were traveling about 68 mph. The whole right side is damaged, as you can imagine we’re pretty pissed.

View attachment 6306

View attachment 6307
That sucks! Sorry about that. On the bright side it wasn’t your Bird which would’ve been much harder to fix.

How's breathing at that altitude?
Not bad there, as it's around 8200'. Spent most of the time around 11k-12k. Breathing was fine, but SPO2 sat between 82% and 87% the whole trip. Was dizzy the first day, but then my body just decided it was okay operating at that SPO2. The last day I jogged up a big stone staircase at 12,200' fully expecting to be winded at the top, but was totally fine.

Checked SPO2 30 minutes after arriving back at sea level; it had jumped up to 95%.

Heading to Glacier Nat'l Park for a week next week. Planning to summit a few peaks there.

Last edited:
Hypoxia is no joke. SPO2 under 92% is considered dangerous. Under 88% can be fatal to some. Pulse oximeters aren't very accurate under 90% though, so SPO2 readings from a wrist or finger metering device won't be very reliable when they start to read in those ranges.

1719879709884.jpeg

FAA regulations, FWIW, state that supplemental O2 is needed if you spend more than 30 minutes above 12,500. Or anytime you exceed 14,000.

Lucky guy RaceCougar...

I remember when I could hike in 10k altitudes.

It looks better as metal! Clear it and call t good, unless you want to send it to be chromed.:)

IMG_20240629_182744655.jpgIMG_20240629_204641180_HDR.jpg
Pulled my first 2j.

Why the fuck does the ECU need to know what the PS pump and rack are doing? Cause there was wiring for them, and apparently it "can't be deleted"

Hypoxia is no joke. SPO2 under 92% is considered dangerous. Under 88% can be fatal to some. Pulse oximeters aren't very accurate under 90% though, so SPO2 readings from a wrist or finger metering device won't be very reliable when they start to read in those ranges.

View attachment 6350

FAA regulations, FWIW, state that supplemental O2 is needed if you spend more than 30 minutes above 12,500. Or anytime you exceed 14,000.

Agreed. Altitude meds taken religiously and in advance, hydration, and attempting to acclimate all help. I've done this a few times now and do play close attention to what's going on mentally and physically.

Anyway, off to do it again in 5 days.

It looks better as metal! Clear it and call t good, unless you want to send it to be chromed.:)

It doesn’t even need clear the black frame looks like new(as it should it only has 14,000 miles on it.

The airbox as you can possibly see could almost be a fuel tank in its size! The actual capacity of the tank must be 3 gallons max despite it looking huge, the inside is completely hollow to clear the crap below it

Man motorcycles are easy. I did literally this exact thing on the Cougar last year and it was a whole to-do. :tongue:

View attachment 6348

Say goodbye to the ugly gas stained rattlecan black

It doesn’t even need clear the black frame looks like new(as it should it only has 14,000 miles on it.

The airbox as you can possibly see could almost be a fuel tank in its size! The actual capacity of the tank must be 3 gallons max despite it looking huge, the inside is completely hollow to clear the crap below it
My tanks are the same. Even the dirt bike. It barely holds enough gas to get thru a 40 minute moto. The 750's are 3.5 gallon, and I've emptied it in 20 miles. :)

Is that a radiator? If so change the coolant every year. That's the biggest issue. Get a battery minder, or buy a battery every year, lol.
I need to do that too. I'm on my 3rd can on the Red car, it was fucking full.

Have you decided what you're putting on the tank?

Have you decided what you're putting on the tank?

Paint lol

Since I already had it a little apart I decided to go further and try decluttering the cables, wire harnesses an hydraulic line by moving them behind the triple tree, and I’m very pleased with the result.

Before
IMG_5307.jpeg

During

IMG_5410.jpeg

And after:nod:

IMG_5419.jpeg

Also lubed all the cables since the throttle seemed sticky(which turned out to be the handgrip tube in the end)

Last edited:
Unbelievable. Just ridiculous. I’ve seen and run into this In my travels too. It’s so frustrating. As you see here, I can’t even put the charge on the Corporate AMEX because the fucks only take the lower fee VISA and Mastercards.