Post a picture you took today

It's also free here - state law. Well technically if you buy gas. Some of the machines still have the quarter slot but you just tell the attendant to turn the compressor on - I've never had anybody turn me down for air.

I can remember getting Lawnmower gas at the direct station for $0.15 a gallon. Free air and water.

Went to Six Flags STL today with my sister, daughter and her friend. Was an awesome day! My sis hadn't been in over 10 years (she lives in NZ) and I haven't been in at least 6 years. Will say it was nice to see the Eagle in much better shape than last I saw. My daughter's friend has never been on a "real" coaster and is scared of going invert. I told her the Screamin Eagle would be fun and didn't go upside down (I did not disclose how fast/high it was prior, lol). She was working up to it all day and decided to face her fear about 20 min before close. Proud of her for sticking with it. She liked it so much that we stayed on and made a 2nd run! Might have the makings of another coaster-head. She did say that next time out she'll ride American Thunder next. Trying to get her on Batman or Ninja to get the invert loop/barrel roll experience but baby steps... Luckily my daughter will ride any coaster with me so no issues there so far.

My daugher (on the left) and her friend outside the 'Eagle for last call today

Audrey and Allie Six Flags 2024.jpg

Some nice cars from the 60's that I have seen and ridden in over the years. I've seen drag race versions of all those cars. A bright yellow 64 mustang went over the guardrail the audience was standing behind, and killed some people, which led to Harriman drag strip's closing in the late 60's. :(

Well, it was not today, but a month ago. I re-surfaced my work bench from brown hardboard painted white to Smooth White Hardboard Marker Board...

Work Bench.jpg
White workbench.jpg

Don't know how long it will last. I finished the section on the left a few days later. Yep, that is solid 2x10 pine board under the surface.

View attachment 6578

Got the new drivers floor pan welded in the turbo coupe today, still needs a coat of paint, it’s not pretty, but it’s only the floor pan. I have some other patches I need to make too. it’s getting there.
"Your suppsda use license plates and self tappin' screws to cover da air vents."

Your old lady and her boyfriend didn't disappear, did they? Just askin...

Matt, weren't you looking for a 4x4? :)

Doing car stereo installs years back, I found all kinds of shit in cars. :) We had a box of underwear, (stripperware, I called it) in the shop, until the owner went out dressed for nuclear waste, and brought in a set of extremely large, extremely dirty womens bloomers. He put them in the box, stripped off the gear, put it in the box, and made me take it out and stuff it in the dumpster, which mysteriously caught on fire, about the time he went home, lol. I didn't ask who they belonged to.

Shot a pic of my daughter's favorite tree on our property in almost a full moon tonight. Was once a great maple but has sadly been dieing off for years now. Me and her have spent many hours under that tree since she was born just playing outside, coloring pictures, talking things out, etc. Also has been in every Father's Day photo since I moved here in '03. Lightning has hit it twice since I've been here yet it still keeps going and leafes up on one side still. Been trimming it back as needed to keep it safe(ish) but don't have the heart to cut it all the way down.

tree.jpg