Post a picture you took today

Nice big evaporator leak ona 2016 Transit 250
IMG_0106.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0107.jpeg
    IMG_0107.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 11
I used a pink LED bulb for a little while, its basically ends up red without the vibe of a photograph developing room

Theres a few Cy Trucks here nowadays. One is wrapped black, which ends up looking like a F-117. 'Still don't know how to feel about that or the nighthawk

If the Nighthawk killed someone, it was doing its intended job. Not the same for the Tesla.

Pulled the headlamps and side markers to adjust the drinkers side of the car headlight. One night I was looking at my headlights against the garage and noticed the drinker side was almost pointing to the driveway. I tried to adjust it, but the adjusting rod/bolt whatever its called would not go that far. I decided I would see if I can lift the inside panel assembly up more. I need to put it back together tonight to see if worked or not. That's what I took a picture of today.
20240621_102821.jpg

Pulled the headlamps and side markers to adjust the drinkers side of the car headlight. One night I was looking at my headlights against the garage and noticed the drinker side was almost pointing to the driveway. I tried to adjust it, but the adjusting rod/bolt whatever its called would not go that far. I decided I would see if I can lift the inside panel assembly up more. I need to put it back together tonight to see if worked or not. That's what I took a picture of today.
View attachment 6132

From a technical perspective I’ll only say it takes a little finesse with the adjusters but from an aesthetic standpoint I’ve long wondered how it would look with fog lamps mounted prominently like that, and I like it. Very 70s racer vibes and I might copy 😆

This has been a good week to drive a white car! Mine is black... (96 degrees all week. At least the humidity's only 50%.
Let me tell you a little "never own a black vehicle in Texas" story...

After I got out of the US Army (after Desert Storm) I move back home to matriculate andLaser.jpg joined the Texas Army National Guard. 49th Armored Division at the time. Living in San Angelo (and being an ex-grunt) the only option was to join a unit that was currently artillery but would change to infantry within a year. I became part of a detachment in Big Spring, Tx.

So I was driving a 1985 Chrysler Laser Turbo, black on black. When it came June and was time for summer camp at Ft Hood I drove to Big Spring and locked my car in the armory while we were at Hood.

Two weeks later we return to the armory. I get in my car to start it up and see a ball of some type in the passenger floor board. It was an audio cassette case, AC/DC Back in Black. In the two weeks that Laser sat inside that armory in Big Spring the heat was so oppressive that cassette case melted into more or less a ball of paper/plastic.

Never purchased another black vehicle until 2015 and that was an 09’ Pontiac G8 GT, panther black with black leather interior. And that SOB, while a “hot” car in many ways, had some tint to it and NEVER got as bad as that Laser. Aussie ingenuity I suppose.

NO – BLACK – CARS – EVER!

What a nice pearl white Tbird!
I always loved this particular color without realizing what a pain in the ass a 3 stage paint is. Still my favorite but there is nothing cheap or easy about the respray I am contemplating or matching it if I go the Xenon route.

Shit even my 16 year old son digs it. He had never seen the like before I bought it.

I always loved this particular color without realizing what a pain in the ass a 3 stage paint is. Still my favorite but there is nothing cheap or easy about the respray I am contemplating or matching it if I go the Xenon route.
Shit even my 16 year old son digs it. He had never seen the like before I bought it.

Yeah that’s a harsh realization with pearl white, one I’ve coped with for more years than I care to admit now. But damn it’s pretty, always photographs well!

Last edited:
Not bad! :) I guess my poor opinion on drifting is how much it hurts you in need for speed :roll: . it slows your times, so I minimize it f I can. But damn, you make it look good!

View attachment 6174
First media photo from this weekend is in! And it's currently my favorite lol
Looks like 2 birds and one stone...er!

Pearl s really difficult to do, my buddy that painted my Red firebird did his wife's car in pearl white; it was incredible. It looked 10"deep.
I'm guessing that spot painting/touching up is much more of a PITA than just a light respray. Which means it is likely that sometime in the future I will be spending a lot of time scuffing/taping my shit up for a complete respray so I can keep costs down, depending on whether I go the Xenon route or not once I get it down in the weeds with 4 new shoes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me tell you a little "never own a black vehicle in Texas" story...

After I got out of the US Army (after Desert Storm) I move back home to matriculate andView attachment 6173 joined the Texas Army National Guard. 49th Armored Division at the time. Living in San Angelo (and being an ex-grunt) the only option was to join a unit that was currently artillery but would change to infantry within a year. I became part of a detachment in Big Spring, Tx.

So I was driving a 1985 Chrysler Laser Turbo, black on black. When it came June and was time for summer camp at Ft Hood I drove to Big Spring and locked my car in the armory while we were at Hood.

Two weeks later we return to the armory. I get in my car to start it up and see a ball of some type in the passenger floor board. It was an audio cassette case, AC/DC Back in Black. In the two weeks that Laser sat inside that armory in Big Spring the heat was so oppressive that cassette case melted into more or less a ball of paper/plastic.

Never purchased another black vehicle until 2015 and that was an 09’ Pontiac G8 GT, panther black with black leather interior. And that SOB, while a “hot” car in many ways, had some tint to it and NEVER got as bad as that Laser. Aussie ingenuity I suppose.

NO – BLACK – CARS – EVER!
Yes. Regardless of color, cars become ovens in high heat. It’s unfortunate that so many children die in them each year.

GP rebuild.jpg

I have been in the midst of an engine swap for the last few weeks between all the other shit going on around me. Had a lifter go down on my other engine and based on cost to replace just the lifters I opted to just get a low mile replacement for now. I'll redo the old one later.

Since I was pulling the engine I decided it would be a perfect time to get a new stainelss/braided fuel feed line installed so I can finally change my fuel filter and also not worry about that stupid quik-connect GM uses on the 3800's leaking on me. Lines to Go came through quickly. Then I decided to locate/order all new subframe mounts, struts/mounts, engine mounts, oil sending unit (pro comp gauge was getting flaky on me). Since I had to swap lower intakes with my old one to the new engine I had to source all new LIM gaskets and assoc. crap as well. Also going to install a new fuel rail and replace 1 injector that was leaking.

The heat has been a mutherfocker and not helpful. Also, trying to source parts for a 24 year old car has proven to piss me off more than it used to, lol.. I can't believe that GM made millions of the W-body cars yet the OEM parts seem to be drying up unless I want some chinese knockoff junk. I had to go through 4 different places just to get all of the subframe mounts.

Since the engine I bought was a Series III out of a 2008 Buick Lacrosse it comes with the updated aluminum oil pan which requires a certain engine mount, which of course the JY did not include, and is discontinued from GM. I finally found one at Speedway Salvage today but needed my prybar to move the engine off the mount which I did not have so will be another trip.

The new engine is 90% assembled sitting on the floor and I just got the old fuel line pulled out tonight. Progress is being made but the longer I work on this thing the more I feel like I'd love to pay a shop to swap it (if I could afford it). I'm only 47 but man, between all the shit I have to tear apart on it, working a full time job, working on the house (which is needed and long overdue) and then working on the car from 8pm to ~midnight on some nights during the week is really starting to wear me down to the point where I almost don't find it fun anymore like I used to. I just hope that the new engine fires up with no issues and then I'll feel much better about the entire process.