• IMG_0639.jpeg
    IMG_0639.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0638.jpeg
    IMG_0638.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 13
Custom Mark 7 in the local yard.
View attachment 7695
My son loved this horrible hood find so much he wanted to be photographed like he just caught a big fish. Quite frankly, if theyd sell it to me for $20 id bring it home and hang it on the wall its so bad.

Zoom in on his face. Thats real Joy right there…

looks like I welded it 😆

I do like the car though, it reminds me of my friend Martin’s LSC he had in high school, same shitty black paint and all. I was always secretly jealous/envious he found that car. I to this day love Mark VIIs more than any MN12/FN10 despite my almost two decades long loyalty.

On the other hand I learned a stock 94 4.6 will put on a car length to its 5.0 H.O. so I guess I shouldn’t be too regretful

My wood knob is unscratched.

I found a LS shifter with Peyronies, cashier wouldn’t even give me a discount!

Last edited:
There are plenty LS to chose from at this yard right now.

The final owners of an LS really drive that car into the ground it seems. All the LSs I see in the yards look bad!

Finding a good shift knob therefore isn't easy. And since they're natural wood, even if the knob isn't scratched or faded, the grain of the wood may not be pretty.

Apart from the shift knob, I haven't found anything useful in an LS.

The LS is so uncanny, the 8 is so alien, the 7 is ridiculously serious, and the town cars are all over the slope between pedestrian and top elegant

The LS is so uncanny, the 8 is so alien, the 7 is ridiculously serious, and the town cars are all over the slope between pedestrian and top elegant

From the cynical perspective;

Mark VII = Ford making lemonade from lemons(Fox platform/Windsor V8 platform… yeah I said it!)

Mark VIII = Ford being overconfident in their engineering prowess after a few years of success with good styling/marketing with antiquated technology, thinking the luxury market wanted “alien”

Lincoln LS = Ford giving up to foreign competition using Jaguar/Ford resources to make a tracing paper BMW 5 series clone with 1/3rd the charisma and somehow less reliable

The Town Car ironically I think was a solid product circa 1989, a truly modern take on the classic American Luxury sedan(in the vein of the legendary 61 Continental) but by 98 the Nasser era beancounters were in charge and just made it yet another Crown Vic clone with a slightly nicer interior.

Title says it all - post a photo you took today, or recently.

I'll start us off with a couple photos I snapped while I was flying down to visit a rural Ohio air show this Sunday, as well as a few of the acts.

View attachment 248
View attachment 247

View attachment 249
View attachment 250View attachment 251

And of course, I can't share flying photos without some kind of video. Wife recorded my landing. :)

Lucky guy! Not many people get to fly in a plane. Now you need to ride in a hot air ballon! Or have you already done that?

No, just fixed wing single engine for me! The annual 22i air show is this Sunday. The weather is conducive to me flying down again, but the budget, unfortunately, is not. :(

We'll be driving down in the Mark VIII. A nice shakedown cruise after the front end work ahead of my work trip to Des Moines next week.

From the cynical perspective;

Mark VII = Ford making lemonade from lemons(Fox platform/Windsor V8 platform… yeah I said it!)

Mark VIII = Ford being overconfident in their engineering prowess after a few years of success with good styling/marketing with antiquated technology, thinking the luxury market wanted “alien”

Lincoln LS = Ford giving up to foreign competition using Jaguar/Ford resources to make a tracing paper BMW 5 series clone with 1/3rd the charisma and somehow less reliable

The Town Car ironically I think was a solid product circa 1989, a truly modern take on the classic American Luxury sedan(in the vein of the legendary 61 Continental) but by 98 the Nasser era beancounters were in charge and just made it yet another Crown Vic clone with a slightly nicer interior.
Cough, cough, bullshit! Windsor>Modular. Hell even GM is still building then to this day😆

They also don't come close to making 500hp n/a ..............

Nor does anything 302 without a stroker kit putting a thumb on the scale.

Im talking from the perspective of then, V8 engines in the 80s(much like now) were on borrowed time, the 302 by then was horribly neutered after the 70s (including the thinner casting process that makes them zipper) and all Ford did to create the 5.0 H.O. was raid their parts bin.

what would we do without a camera on our cell phones!

Nice rig.

Funny thing is I only had my camera app on to try to get pics of the plane crash from the other day a few yards back on that road but it’s nothing spectacular since they cleaned it up, just some pushed in shrubs. I was right behind the demon so that was a nice consolation prize

Ooh ahh!

IMG_5771.jpeg

Most remarkable thing is the perspective of how close it was to the power lines.

Dodge can put 2000 horsepower into a plastic Challenger, but this will always be a REAL Demon to me

View attachment 7711

Coolest looking taillights of the muscle car era IMO it’s weird so many were grandma spec slant 6 powered 😆
My uncle has a 1972 Plymouth Duster 340 4-speed. sitting in a barn hope its mine one day

Most remarkable thing is the perspective of how close it was to the power lines.

Believe it or not, it is something that we consider if the inevitable (power out forced landing) ever happens. Things like power lines/poles, width of the "runway", surface type/condition, wind speed/direction, available altitude/glide distance... type of tree... even the direction of the crop rows and waves. Trying to think of all that while simultaneously trying to fly a crippled aircraft, potentially troubleshoot the problem or emergency and communicate your woes... it's easy to understand why people who succeed are somewhat revered in the field. It requires a lot of training and skill... and a level head in a crisis.