Post a picture you took today

From what dude said, it's a requirement of the same law that required fbw throttle.It's not a 'published function of the chipset'. IDK how it's supposed to work, but he said turn it off, and he was talking about a cpu IC, specific to later eec's. I'm keeping my eecV, lol.

Onstar is completely useless - even if you have a subscription; they can't locate a stolen vehicle unless somebody presses the button on mirror. Otherwise a couple fuses is all it takes to disable it if it's even still functional without a hardware update after GM abandoned the 4G network .. 🤔

Keep believing that.
-Signed the NSA

Show me another non-military, non-uparmored vehicle that can take a hit to the window like that without the object going right through the glass.

AE4B36C5-FAA0-42C5-A3B9-E6AB02C4739E.jpeg

Set up a listening pit for the boy. He's enthralled by vinyl and will sit and listen to albums the whole way through. And thankfully for us he will listen through the headphones.

The more electric guitar, the better. Stevie Ray Vaughan and The Marshall Tucker Band are his go-tos, but he's also been into Dire Straits and Pink Floyd lately.

Not many toddlers can say they get to listen to their albums on their great-great-grandparents' stereo.

View attachment 3414

Set up a listening pit for the boy. He's enthralled by vinyl and will sit and listen to albums the whole way through. And thankfully for us he will listen through the headphones.

The more electric guitar, the better. Stevie Ray Vaughan and The Marshall Tucker Band are his go-tos, but he's also been into Dire Straits and Pink Floyd lately.

Not many toddlers can say they get to listen to their albums on their great-great-grandparents' stereo.

I always liked Joe Satriani's music. Not sure how easy it is to find on vinyl.

I remember those stereo's. a buddy had one like that. It was nice enough I was able to talk a real stereo out of my parents for christmas. Thinking about it, that's probably why I was able to talk them into a dirt bike, lol. My mom really hated his mom. :) I had to pay for the dirt bike. $300 for a 2 year old 125, not too bad. 4" travel both ends, not great. That's about what our cars are, lol.

View attachment 3414

Hard to beat Due Dire Straits. I may have to find a copy in vinyl for my collection!

From what dude said, it's a requirement of the same law that required fbw throttle.It's not a 'published function of the chipset'. IDK how it's supposed to work, but he said turn it off, and he was talking about a cpu IC, specific to later eec's. I'm keeping my eecV, lol.
It may be a requirement that the electronic throttle control must have an option to be disabled (since you don't want an throttle to be stuck at WOT when it loses signal) ... but its a stretch to go from that design requirement to say that all cars must have the option to be disabled REMOTELY outside of the car.

To enable that kind of killswitch, you'd need
- Wireless network link
- Telemetry data being sent back to the "cloud" aka the mfg
- Electronic throttle control/remote engine control

Tesla has all of this.
aftermarket devices are cheap enough that buy-here-pay-here lots install them on their vehicles they "sell"

There is no mandate yet for remote police-accessible kill switches. The closest is a mandate for all MY2026 cars to develop technology to include the ability for the car to detect drunken drivers and disable themselves. This is called a Driver monitoring system (DMS) and already exists to detect sleepy drivers or distracted drivers.

:2eek:

Don't mind if I never see snow again. Not a picture from today but here was my Tbird back in NY, 2016. I had just drove back from work through a lake effect snow warning. The only vehicles on the roads were snow plows and trucks. I had it locked into 2nd gear most of the way home and basically drifted 90% of the way in white out conditions. Probably wouldn't have made it without the snow tires.

20160210_214420.jpg

Looks like a new aztek. Arent those things like a quarter million?

There's 4.5" on the ground over rain :) It's supposed to be twice that tomorrow afternoon. The roads were salted, but we're going to 0 tonight, so snow over ice. I'm betting I40 going up the mountain(west) is going to be impassible. Coming down is the bad part, there will be semis everywhere.

Lenoir City got 9" (just like your mom) and it's still falling.

A rig jackknifed at the Harriman exit near the new Earl Duff Subaru this morning going west. Then another one wrecked at Crab Orchard going east right after it.

Jeez; both places are straight road. Must've wrecked on the ramp.
I'm surprised none of them have landed in the Krogers yet.

There's not quite that much here. I've got 4-5" ch10 was saying stuff a ruler in it, and send it to them.
I called my sis and asker her if the wanted to go to key springs road and sled, and we had a great laugh. That's where everyone goes in oak ridge, pretty much. The other hill we used to sled on, we got rousted off of by the local cops, telling us it was radioactive, lol. It's a high end development around a golf course, now, lol.

We're currently doing a small remodel of the garage. Nothing fancy, just converting it from a walkout basement into a proper workshop. In the meantime, the Thunderbird gets to sleep outside.

Current view.

F776A90D-B305-4772-BFB1-7182E31416C2.jpeg

Unfortunately I still have to.

DCC68827-C3B1-466B-BA11-E5D739E76F7B.jpeg

8FF12DE8-3451-4450-A7B2-A2666F4AEA2F.jpeg

We had at least 10" accumulated here at the house. It's well up to my shins.

15CF820D-E9DB-47C7-82DE-77F41ADB2D8B.jpeg

Site of the toddler faceplant.

08C1C1DF-4FBF-4E41-A420-F54696E52FDF.jpeg

Didn't even try to get the trail rig out.

Yeah, I'm tired of falling down as it is, lol. There's ice under snow here, I'm happy I don't drive into maryville now.
Cat got a hell of a surprise today; he was laying in the sun in the front window, and wanted out. It's 19 here, lol.

You got a lot more than we did up here. It's raining now and the the ass is falling out of the temperatures tonight. so this shit is going to freeze up solid. I cleaned up the driveway but it's still going to be bad in the morning.

Joe